• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Grateful Thread

Vortex

Anyone want to skiiing Friday and then go to the Dog show?

Rumours are a summer scofield and Phil tour. Bonaroo Tenn and thousand lakes Minn confirmed so far. No line up confirmed. Rumours are on scofield's Web site got ot find it to see if its true.

dmc

Also rumours that Trey has signed up for Summer tour with Phil... :)

dmc

Bob R said:
Trey is playing the 1,000 lakes festival at same time as Phil and Friends. Would not suprise me. Newest soundboard was the Trey NY show.

That would be so incredible...

BeanoNYC

I met up with BobR's buddy from DNC in Manhattan yesterday and picked up two for Bobby's show on April 8th at the Beacon. Anyone else going?

Also ... I put together a little video of last weekend's exploits at Killington. It lost a lot of quality due to the compression for the web but I put some cool tunes into it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUiOYhuohAc

Vortex

I went Friday to Rat Dog. I have to say it did not do much for me. I bailed on Bost for Sat.
It was nice to ski and hang at the ocean and catch a show in the same day. I did it all.

dmc

Bob R said:
Have fun guys. It could have just been me.

and me too... for a while now..

DSO is a much better GD cover band...

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I went on thursday at the Beacon. I have to say overall I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed the show more than expected. The bass player, Robin Sylvester was rockin' those basslines all night long. IMHO, definitely an improvement for Ratdog over wasserman.

For me 1st set highlights were Birdsong and the new speedway closer.

2nd set: peggy-o, weight, china-rider was sweet as was wharf rat.

I found a few things interesting. Mark or Jeff were ripping solos....yet the spotlight stays on bobby the entire show. Also, bobby's guitar was much louder than Marks. Oh and Bobby sang every song. (although the harmonies were quite good).

Here's the setlist:
I: Jam > The Golden Road to Unlimited > Bertha, Jam > Bird Song > Little Red Rooster, Odessa, Senor > Crazy Fingers > Jus' Like Mama Said > New Speedway Boogie
II: K.C. Moan@3, Peggy-O@, The Weight@, China Cat Sunflower* > I Know You Rider*, Stuff*, Wharf Rat > Sugar Magnolia
E: Attics of My Life, Foolish Heart
*-w/ DJ Logic; Stuff - Jay/Logic > Jay/Logic/Kenny/Jeff > Jay/Logic/Kenny/Jeff/MK/Robin > all/Logic
(Donald Trump emceed... seriously)

ChileMass

marcski said:
........Oh and Bobby sang every song...........

marcski - so does Bobby still insist on singing all the songs in that annoying "ahead-of-time" fashion I heard recently on a downoad? What I'm asking is - on the download I just got (circa 2004), on many of the songs he sings, Bobby comes in on the lyrics of lots of the songs about a half-measure too early, the way I hear it. Does he still do that now or has Phil or somebody else hit him with a chair until he stopped?

Don't get me wrong - I've been a Deadhead for over 3 decades and I love them, but they're not infallible. That habit of Weir's was driving me crazy.......

dmc

A friend of mine was at the Saturday show and said it was the best RD show he's ever seen...

He was also backstage and hung out with Bobby at the West Side Brewery after the show.. :roll:

BeanoNYC

Yes it was a pretty good show. I got moved down to the front too, which was nice. Two real bluesy sets. Nice tight "Eyes of the World"

ckofer

Website
www.skicheapordie.com
Again, not off-topic. Hot Buttered Rum String Band at the Stone Church (Newmarket).

I went last night. Outstanding approach to acoustic music. Basic line-up 5 guys: bassist & acoustic guitarist stay with respective instruments while others vary between fiddle, madolin, flute, banjo, and accordian. Mostly bluegrassish but stray into other places-jazzy, spacy. I'm there again tonight. I'm pretty sure they're in Boston tomorrow night. Harper's Ferry. Last night's cover $10. Better than some $50 shows I've seen.

Loon Sunday. I think they're done Monday.