• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Is AlpineZone Over-moderated?

Is AlpineZone Over-moderated?

• Yes

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • No

Votes: 45 77.6%

• Total voters

bvibert

Staff member
riiiight.... :)

wink wink.. nudge nudge...

Weather you like it or not your relationship with a moderator has affected the way this site is moderated and certain people have been treated.

It may be indirect but it happened..

Bullshit. You keep beating that drum, but it's completely inaccurate. Whenever there's an issue involving her I remove myself from the decision process. Just as I do when something involves me personally.

dmc

members who continue thumb their nose at the forum policies and/or be disrespectful to other members will eventually be banned, no matter what some part of the community thinks.

Like I said, we can't please everyone. I'm sorry that you guys feel that way.

So can I now go back and pull the many anti Hunter and anti snowboarding posts because they are disrespectful and have those people banned?

respect is subjective...

I just go after these people - cause thats what I enjoy - but then i get the whole disrespectful thing.. because I stood up to some gaper from Philly... And appeared to be mean because I challenged some crap that they laid out...

dmc

Bullshit. You keep beating that drum, but it's completely inaccurate. Whenever there's an issue involving her I remove myself from the decision process. Just as I do when something involves me personally.

whatever...

You just proved my point by jumping in to defend your woman..

I guessed you would do so...

bvibert

Staff member
There are levels of subjectivity.. It's not that your either subjective or not..

The public events of your relationship and the dragging of them up have affected this board and the members. Greg even admitted that.. how could it not?

I'm uncomfortable taling about this... still....

That has nothing to do with her relationship to a moderator, it has to do with her personal life being dragged through the mud continuously. It wouldn't have mattered if it was her or any other member.

If you're uncomfortable, think about those who are actually emotionally involved in this. Why don't you quit bringing it up whenever you get a chance?

bvibert

Staff member
So can I now go back and pull the many anti Hunter and anti snowboarding posts because they are disrespectful and have those people banned?

respect is subjective...

I just go after these people - cause thats what I enjoy - but then i get the whole disrespectful thing.. because I stood up to some gaper from Philly... And appeared to be mean because I challenged some crap that they laid out...

There's different levels of disrespect Doug. Someone putting down hunter or snowboarding isn't attacking you directly.

Madroch

I need a who cares option. Thier board, you are their guests. Leave if you don't like the rules or percieved application thereof, start your own board-- that has been tried. If enough people agree with you, changes will occur here, particularly if those departing are responsible for a lot of the content on this board that has real value to skiing enthusiasts. If not, you can opt to come back on their terms. Their are plenty of boards to flame on, far fewer that have quality ski content. The mods here, IMO have attempted to continue to provide ski content while permitting a little good natured fun, when it goes beyond that, they step in. Tough line to walk, I would imagine, because the net provides so little context that many posts get lost or misconstrued.

That being said, I am constantly amazed by all the whining... it must just be people need something to do. It's like I tell my kids all the time-- life is not fair, get over it all ready. You can't have everything you want exactly how you want it. The responses here are similar to my kids e.g. "but why not"-- and while the mods here have tried time and time to explain why they do what they do-- I think in the future they should resort to what most parents do when little minds cannot comprehend the goals or aims of their parents-- and simply respond "because we said so".

My one cent, let it snow.

dmc

There's different levels of disrespect Doug. Someone putting down hunter or snowboarding isn't attacking you directly.

What is i lived in a town that depended on tourism $$ and needs to have a better light shown on it for it's survival??? I'm not going to let some turd blast my livelyhood.. based upon the fact that they can't ski Hellgate...

What the friggin diff? whats important to me is not important to you...

dmc

I need a who cares option. Thier board, you are their guests. Leave if you don't like the rules or percieved application thereof, start your own board-- that has been tried. If enough people agree with you, changes will occur here, particularly if those departing are responsible for a lot of the content on this board that has real value to skiing enthusiasts. If not, you can opt to come back on their terms. Their are plenty of boards to flame on, far fewer that have quality ski content. The mods here, IMO have attempted to continue to provide ski content while permitting a little good natured fun, when it goes beyond that, they step in. Tough line to walk, I would imagine, because the net provides so little context that many posts get lost or misconstrued.

That being said, I am constantly amazed by all the whining... it must just be people need something to do. It's like I tell my kids all the time-- life is not fair, get over it all ready. You can't have everything you want exactly how you want it. The responses here are similar to my kids e.g. "but why not"-- and while the mods here have tried time and time to explain why they do what they do-- I think in the future they should resort to what most parents do when little minds cannot comprehend the goals or aims of their parents-- and simply respond "because we said so".

My one cent, let it snow.

Brian... i find this post disrespectful.

Madroch

Unfair, isn't it?

Edited to reflect reference to dmc's feeling disrespected, not the defending the spouse comment... should have used quotes....

dmc

If you're uncomfortable, think about those who are actually emotionally involved in this. Why don't you quit bringing it up whenever you get a chance?

It was brought up in the context of a rebuttal to your wifes post... And nothing specific was mentioned..

dmc

Unfair, isn't it?

Seems to be bugging you more then me... :)

I'm just having fun trying to prove points... I promise not to go into any other threads... So your safe...

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com

That's a line of BS coming from a CLIT, Damn, I made one or two little remarks about Sundown in jest and the whole team's fangs suddenly came out. So, I say BULLSHIT. (Hey, I'm starting to like your method of debate.) That's where the problem is, you have a admin/mod team that can dish it out but can't take it.

dmc

That's a line of BS coming from a CLIT, Damn, I made one or two little remarks about Sundown in jest and the whole team's fangs suddenly came out. So, I say BULLSHIT. (Hey, I'm starting to like your method of debate.) That's where the problem is, you have a admin/mod team that can dish it out but can't take it.

Don't F with Connecticut on this site.. It's the only place they have power.. :)

campgottagopee

The appearance to me is that the moderators really don't have a set standard on the rulings that are made and that the moderators are tremendously influenced by the chirping of people closest to them.

So, that amounts to a "no" vote. But that should be seen as a vote of no-confidence.

That's hitting the nail on the head Doc

deadheadskier

Staff member
What is i lived in a town that depended on tourism $$ and needs to have a better light shown on it for it's survival??? I'm not going to let some turd blast my livelyhood.. based upon the fact that they can't ski Hellgate...

What the friggin diff? whats important to me is not important to you...

If your content on proving points.......

I wouldn't put an attack on someone's marriage and an attack on a ski area or activity in the same sentence. Anyone who puts the degree of severity of such attacks in the same state, never mind ball park has some serious reconsideration to do on their priorities.

my subjective opinion :rolleyes:

dmc

If your content on proving points.......

I wouldn't put an attack on someone's marriage and an attack on a ski area or activity in the same sentence. Anyone who puts the degree of severity of such attacks in the same state, never mind ball park has some serious reconsideration to do on their priorities.

my subjective opinion :rolleyes:

Maybe to you...

Many ski areas are attached to towns... If i live in a town thats affected by the economy and the ski area has a bad rep based upon the past - your damn straight I'm going to fend off attacks... It's my life...

You guys can't see the forest for the trees.. The ski area is the tip of the iceberg...

bvibert

Staff member
Unfair, isn't it?

Edited to reflect reference to dmc's feeling disrespected, not the defending the spouse comment... should have used quotes....

Don't edit it just because of Doug, he's just trying to get a rise out of me. It's gotten to the point where I don't believe half of what he says, since he freely admits that he's "just having fun trying to prove points". It's like the boy who cried wolf.