• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Line Prophet 90

The Sneak

Nice score man
I also picked up a pair of prophet 90s, but in 172cm. I'm 5' 8" 155 lbs. Got a deal on Marker Griffon bindings and now I can't wait to get out there.

Part of me was wondering if I should have gotten the 165's?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Nice score man
I also picked up a pair of prophet 90s, but in 172cm. I'm 5' 8" 155 lbs. Got a deal on Marker Griffon bindings and now I can't wait to get out there.

I think you'll be happy in the 172. I'm 5'8", 195-200 and picked up High Society Free Rides in a 179 this off season, which is a very similar ski to the Line.

Edd

Nice score man

Yeah, it's been said that these ski short which is why I took the chance on the 186. 172 shouldn't be too long.

Terry

They definately ski short. I went from a 168 Rossi to 179 100's and had no problems with the length. By halfway down the first run I was grinning and letting them run! And that was on hardpack snow. You will have fun on them if they ski anything like the 100's.

SKIQUATTRO

my wife is on the Line Celebrity (90) and loves em, I'm looking at the 90 to replace my Metron

Edd

Ugh! The Prophet 90s did not work out so well for me. I gave them 5 days but this ski isn't for me.

These things carve damn well and are quite stiff indeed. They have a turn radius and that is the only turn radius they are interested in. I'm in a constant battle with the tails of this ski. I can manhandle them for awhile and force my desired turns but I eventually get tired. I've skied Volkl Mantras (fairly stiff) and found them more cooperative with varying turns and fun to ski.

It's quite possible I bought them too long for my size or skill. It's a 186 and they don't come longer. I bet if I tried the 172 it would be a very different experience. I have other skis for now so the search for that next great ski continues.

I've put these up for sale but if anyone here is interested shoot me a PM.