• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Line Prophet 90

Edd

My Head Mojo 94 thread went over like a lead balloon; looks like nobody on this board has tried those.

Has anyone tried the Line Prophet 90? Haven't seen them on Tramdock (might have missed it). There are none on sale on Ebay for crying out loud! Not the most widespread brand.

Hawkshot99

Have spent lots of time on them from the demo fleet, and have a pair on order for my personal ski for this year.

Hold a good edge, can turn them very easily for a ski as wide as they are. They are stiff enough that I can push them hard and have a good time without any chatter. I am mounting mine with a Marker Griffon.

Terry

Don't know about the 90's but I have last years 100's and they are an awesome ski. The edge hold is so good that I even ran them in the race course for the rest of the season. I improved my time by almost 2 seconds with them over my old rossis. I have never had so much fun skiing since I bought them. Spring skiing in the slush was great fun. They floated right over all the slush and mash potatoes. Had no problems going wherever I wanted in the woods, and I improved in the moguls as well. Awesome ski!

Edd

Don't know about the 90's but I have last years 100's and they are an awesome ski. The edge hold is so good that I even ran them in the race course for the rest of the season. I improved my time by almost 2 seconds with them over my old rossis. I have never had so much fun skiing since I bought them. Spring skiing in the slush was great fun. They floated right over all the slush and mash potatoes. Had no problems going wherever I wanted in the woods, and I improved in the moguls as well. Awesome ski!

What length did you get and what's your size and weight? I'm 5' 11", 185 lbs max and I'm considering the 186 on the 90 should I get them. I normally wouldn't go that long (my longest ski is 174) but I understand the Prophet series are twin tips (is this true?) and I'd like maximum float. There is a 179 size available but I'm feeling cocky....

Hawkshot99

What length did you get and what's your size and weight? I'm 5' 11", 185 lbs max and I'm considering the 186 on the 90 should I get them. I normally wouldn't go that long (my longest ski is 174) but I understand the Prophet series are twin tips (is this true?) and I'd like maximum float. There is a 179 size available but I'm feeling cocky....

I am getting the 90 in a 179. Max float is not that important to me as I have a powder ski. I am 6' and weigh 250.

Yes they are a twin tip.

Terry

I am 5'11 and 220 lbs. I got them in 179s. Like I said they are an awesome ski.

bigbog

Edd,
Agreed, those Line 100s look/feel pretty good(local shop). Fwiw..have you at least given a look at Moment's Bibby Pro...there's an almost flat 186, 115mm, medium(stated)-flex, some front rocker and turned up tail..with an EC turn-radius.
ON3P's Billy Goat comes in 176 and 186...one of those multiple sidecuts...(JJ, Rossi S7, S3...etc).
Have to admit kinda interesting to look at...LOL.

$.01

Last edited:

Edd

Edd,
Agreed, those Line 100s look/feel pretty good(local shop). Fwiw..have you at least given a look at Moment's Bibby Pro...there's an almost flat 186, 115mm, medium(stated)-flex, some front rocker and turned up tail..with an EC turn-radius.
ON3P's Billy Goat comes in 176 and 186...one of those multiple sidecuts...(JJ, Rossi S7, S3...etc).
Have to admit kinda interesting to look at...LOL.

$.01

Just checked them both out. Definitely interesting; I'd be curious to demo the Moments just for fun.

The Prophets seem more practical for an east coaster. I just put up 2 pairs of skis, a snowboard with boots, and poles for consignment at a charity sale. Hopefully they'll sell and justify buying a new pair.

Edd

Yikes! I just found last year's 90s at a nearby store for $312. They only come in a 186 length. Almost bought them right there. The guy was steering me towards everything but those skis; I almost got the impression he didn't want me to buy them.

186 is long but they are twin tippy. I am so close to driving right back there....

Edd

I wonder if he wanted them for himself...

-w

I was thinking that. The other skis were more expensive so it makes sense from a sales perspective, but it felt weird. I don't think I can sit here much longer and not buy these suckers. I'm scouring the net for a similar price. No luck yet.

bigbog

..Being twin-tip = ~182, for a 90...sounds like the length for 90mm...imho.
Even without taking in consideration the twin-tips skiing shorter...186 - 174 = 12cm = 4.72" difference in total length
= ~2.36" longer to tip...fwiw

$.01

Last edited:

Edd

I'm gonna swing by tomorrow again. It'll be interesting to see if they are still there.

Edd

I've got 3 sets of Look bindings that I've had zero issues with so I'm focusing there. There are a number of variations making choosing difficult. Leading contender right now is PX12 wide jib. The brake is 100mm and the Prophets are obviously 90 but I think that's fine.

Edd

I decided to remove the PX12s from my Dynastar Contact 10 STs and put them on the Prophets. The binding has maybe 20 days. $30 for a new brake and the Lines only cost $342.

So....if anyone is interested in the Contacts w/o bindings I've decided I don't need them anymore. I realized I don't care for strict carving skis. Dimensions are 116/64/104 and a turn radius of around 12...length is 172. They are in great condition and come with a mounting plate so no re-drilling is needed. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Here's an old link to an ad for them: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/...h-PX-12-TI-Lifter-Bindings-Contact-ST-10.html