• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Perfect North 12/14-12/15

I

IndyJones

Well I finally got my first tracks. I went to Perfect North Slopes on opening day (Sunday the 14th) and the day after (Monday the 15th). I had an awesome time!

On Sunday they only had about 5 runs open at first. Then later through the day they opened about 4 more runs. It was great! There was snowfall the night before which brought about 3 inches of fresh powder to the area. Then it was snowing for most of the day that day.

On Monday I went with a couple of my friends. The runs were a bit bumping in some places but it was nice. I went after school until closing at 9:30. So for a good portion of the time we were skiing under the lights. This time we were looking for kickers made be other skiers/boarders. We found quite a few. There were about 4 on 1 trail and 3 on another. It rocked, though on one of my jumps I messed up the start so I landed on my right hip which is now scratched up a little. Then my other hip got bruised on another jump. It was really fun and I can't wait for them to open up the black runs.

Greg

Staff member
Good for you, Indy! I know you've been eyeing PN for a while now. I got a major bruise on my hip that turned into a full fledged hematoma my first time out last year. Read about it here.

Buckeye Skier 1330

Hey Indy, we live about 2 hours north of PNS, and have only been there once. I was wondering how bad the crowd gets on a typical weekend. I figure it will be pretty crowded, but is it so bad it takes away from the enjoyment?

Thanks

I

IndyJones

No, the crowds aren't that bad...the longest I've had to wait for a lift is about 5 mins. But that is very uncommon.