• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Baking

drjeff

4 dozen pre-made tollhouse cookies just came out of the oven and are destined for the instructors in Mount Snow's Snowcamp tommorrow in honor of my daughter's 6th birthday.

Even though I didn't make them from scratch, the house smells mighty good right now :)

ctenidae

I use the meat grinder attachment way more than the pasta one. Every time I make pasta, I completely destroy the kitchen.

For a long time, the meat grinder was teh only attachment we had. Having the dough hook certainly makes making pasta (and pierogi) a lot easier. We have a seperate pasta roller, though I find that since I'm not worn out from kneading, a rolling pin still works best.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Never made pasta but I really want to someday. Sort of like many of the experiments I've done in the last year, I only need to make it once to satisfy that urge. ;) Though the bread baking has become a semi-regular event.

Made Toll House Chocolate Chip bar cookies last night. Wanted a treat but something easy. The dough was so sticky that it probably would have been easier to dish it out with the cookie scoop than my attempt in spreading it into the cookie sheet. Still, they're tasty, even if they're not a "pretty" cookie, and filled that void from no baked goods in the house in the last few days. :lol:

ctenidae

Pasta's really amazingly easy to make, especially if you ahve teh right tools. Homemade raviolis are great, so much better than store-bought.

ctenidae

Noodles are a lot of work if you don't have a machine, true. Things made with smaller sheets, though, are doable with a rolling pin.