• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Good Ole Tom, etc....

Mike P.

Anybody have any experience selling a gold ring? I've got an extra one & I'm just curious what I might expect to get for it?

ctenidae

Don't sell it to "Cash fro Gold" or anybody who is not a regular jeweler. It's incredibly easy to get a gold delaers license, and with the run up in gold prices tehre are some unscrupulous folks out there. Shocking, I now, but it's true.

Remember that most gold jewelry isn't pure gold. 24 karat is, but 18 karat is only 75% pure gold. So, when selling gold, your benchmark price should be the weight of the piece * the karat percentage * whatever the price for gold is at the moment. Right now, it's a bit of $1100/ounce. Do the math, set your price, and sell to whoever gets you closest to that price. Any question on the reputability of the buyer, get cash.

dmc

I tossed my wedding ring off the back side of JAckson Hole... It was way worth the $ I would've made...

dmc

That's friggin GREAT!!!

the very place that during a snowstorm a few years earlier - she issued an ultimatum over the phone.. Come home now - or take a hike... The next day was a foot+ pow day...

I stayed in JH..