Happy Met Winter

AlpineZone

Happy Met Winter

Today is the 1st day of meterological winter. . I'm not a big believer of supertition or folk lore (except to have fun with it) but during my morning workout I encountered flurries. It definately brought a smile to my face and I'm going to run with it as a good omen. Wishing all of you a healthy and snowy winter.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Rub the coin, stamp for feet three times, make a wish...
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

ya know what, i rubbed the coin, stomped my feet, then went online and bought my season passes at mountain creek and bam!!! now their saying things may be setting up weather wise this weekend. you think the voodoo lady knows ULLR?
    so here's a toast with one last pour, to last forever and a minute more. may fortune sing to you her song, to live and love way past long, may you live and love way past long. sonny landreth.

We probably should have one standing thread for longer-range forecasts (for what they're worth) but I don't feel like starting one - for now I'll just link here to the latest from LionelHutz of TGR/FIS, who thinks we may or may not get a real cold snap before too very long, followed by a return to milder wx later in Dec. He's down with 2006-07 as an analog, which would mean patience will be rewarded, eventually.

'13-14: 12/18 Mt Agamenticus, 12/27 Crotched, 1/4 local, 1/5 local, 2/5 Bradford, 2/7 Bradford, 2/13 local, 2/16 local, 2/18 Magic, 3/1 Crotched, 3/5 local, 3/11 MRG, 3/12 MRG, 3/13 MRG, 3/14 MRG, 3/15 MRG, 3/16 MRG, 3/17 MRG, 4/6 MRG, 4/10 Mt. Cardigan, 4/18 Cannon
    TOTAL: 21 (7 earned, 7 POW, 3 spring corn, 3 different NELSAs, 2 Midnight Madness)

Thread Information