• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I bought some mid fats

2knees

at Sports Authority today. had no intention of anything other then comparing prices on kids equip. but they had these noodly soft mid fats marked down to $199.99, integrated. Waist looks to be around 85 or so, which if you know me, is P H A T. :lol: i swear, i can bend them in a circle almost.

I'm giving them 1 year but still, should be more fun then the Mad Trix out of the bumps.

rossi sprayers. twin tip wanna be's. just like me.

Greg

Staff member
Very cool. You'll be ripping in the deeper snow....not like the mogul skis held you back much anyway...

Friday?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
at Sports Authority today. had no intention of anything other then comparing prices on kids equip. but they had these noodly soft mid fats marked down to $199.99, integrated. Waist looks to be around 85 or so, which if you know me, is P H A T. :lol: i swear, i can bend them in a circle almost.

I'm giving them 1 year but still, should be more fun then the Mad Trix out of the bumps.

rossi sprayers. twin tip wanna be's. just like me.

Sounds like a good move. My midfats are a few years older and they size in at 77 underfoot. I was not really happy with that width in the pow, I kept sinking far too much. I've moved to some fats to deal with that. But, the midfat is kind of a good way to get your "feet wet" with wider, but still retain some terrain versatility. I really like having a small quiver that I can cart around with me and pull out depending on conditions.

hammer

Sounds like a good move. My midfats are a few years older and they size in at 77 underfoot. I was not really happy with that width in the pow, I kept sinking far too much. I've moved to some fats to deal with that. But, the midfat is kind of a good way to get your "feet wet" with wider, but still retain some terrain versatility. I really like having a small quiver that I can cart around with me and pull out depending on conditions.
Do you still use the midfats or do you go between groomer and wider skis?

I have midfats and they do sink more in shallow powder than I'd like, but I can bust through crud easier than I could on my older skinny skis.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Do you still use the midfats or do you go between groomer and wider skis?

I have midfats and they do sink more in shallow powder than I'd like, but I can bust through crud easier than I could on my older skinny skis.

I moved on to some 96's under foot for those rare times when pow conditions exist in New England. I couldn't see going much fatter than that for New England. Steve provided a lot of guidance on that.

I ski the woods a lot, so I can often find untracked pow well after a storm. I was really getting tired of sitting back so much and consequentially not having enough control. It really limited what I could do. I am keeping the mid fats for the days when I mix it up with friends between woods and groomers. So I just pack them all in the car, make a first choice, ski, and if that doesn't work out, I've been known to switch out pretty quickly.

Don't get me wrong, I still like my midfats, especially on days when I'm mixing it up. It seems like they have made midfats a bit wider now (in the 80s) and I might have been happy with that width, but definitely not the 77s.