• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett 12-9-09

wa-loaf

Got up a little later than planned. Parking lot was largely unplowed when I got there with an easy 8 inches on the ground. Got on the lift at 10 and snow was mixing with sleet at this point. Only one trail conifer was open, but the place was slow, ski right on the lift. I skied for about an hour and then had to get back to work. Missed out on the pow, but trail was in good shape with lots of chopped dense pow and little pow bumps. Very nice for the first turns of the season.

I think this is going to give them an excellent base to open up most of the mountain if temps stay cold.

Post up a couple pics in a bit.

WJenness

good work wa-loaf...

Hope the rain doesn't wash away too much of what they got, as you're right, it would make a really nice base for the rest of the mountain.

-w

wa-loaf

rt 140
IMG_0297.JPG

Conifer
IMG_0298.JPG

Greg

Staff member
Looks awesome to me!

wa-loaf

Which skis to you run? I'm guessing the Watea's.

Yup. Pretty good. Ski big so they're not going to be used at WA much. I'll have the Progressors out tomorrow night.

neil

That looks pretty decent. I should have gone this morning after all....gah!

Hopefully it will be decent tomorrow night!

Powdahound

Nice TR, the pics look great!.....I was fortunate enough to get there before the lifts starting turning but you still got the goods. Definitely a great start to the season.....

tmcc71

ski report for wa powder day

Great day at Wa! Fresh powder and no lines. I should have brought the fatter Monsters. The IM 72's were ok, but not a powder ski. My fatter IM 77 would have been a bit better. I don't have a true powder ski (yet). They had conifer open followed by sundowner (bunny) by 11. I imagine they will have quite a bit more open by Saturday. I'm up at Wa about 6 days a week. If you see me say hi. Grey marker jacket, always have a pair of head monsters IM 72 0r IM 77'. Sorry I missed you WAloaf. I'm sure we skiied past one another. View attachment 3030

View attachment 3031

wa-loaf

Great day at Wa! Fresh powder and no lines. I should have brought the fatter Monsters. The IM 72's were ok, but not a powder ski. My fatter IM 77 would have been a bit better. I don't have a true powder ski (yet). They had conifer open followed by sundowner (bunny) by 11. I imagine they will have quite a bit more open by Saturday. I'm up at Wa about 6 days a week. If you see me say hi. Grey marker jacket, always have a pair of head monsters IM 72 0r IM 77'. Sorry I missed you WAloaf. I'm sure we skiied past one another. View attachment 3030

View attachment 3031

Did you have your suspenders hanging down behind you? I think I saw you. This was me:

IMG_0299.JPG

I'll be back up tomorrow night for race league kick-off.

tmcc71

No suspenders

No, I dont wear suspenders. I will be there tommorow as well. I'll be real easy to spot. I work there as a ranger Tuesday and thursday. I'll have on the orange Wa jackey with a flashing light on the front of my jacket and one on the back of my helmet. I am the only ranger that wears one on the back of my head. I hope to see you there.

wa-loaf

No, I dont wear suspenders. I will be there tommorow as well. I'll be real easy to spot. I work there as a ranger Tuesday and thursday. I'll have on the orange Wa jackey with a flashing light on the front of my jacket and one on the back of my helmet. I am the only ranger that wears one on the back of my head. I hope to see you there.

LOL that's good because I wasn't too impressed with the way the guy was skiing ... :lol:

Puck it

Did you have your suspenders hanging down behind you? I think I saw you. This was me:

IMG_0299.JPG

I'll be back up tomorrow night for race league kick-off.

Kinda looks like the Home Improvement character Al in this pic. Is there flannel under the jacket?