• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

"24" Premiers Tonght .....

bvibert

Staff member
kickstand said:
But upon closer inspection, let's look at Stuart, the guy who was mole for Alan Cummings. He worked with her. He saw her and that annoying personality on a day-to-day basis, yet he was still hitting that. Makes me wonder if she's got it going on so good, that Stuart would be willing to overlook all that is annoying about Ms. O'Brien just to get some of that.

Did you ever think that he 'hit' that just to try and get some inside info???

bvibert

Staff member
dmc said:
So whats up with the svengali thats hanging with Kim?? Think he's a plot twist?

I wouldn't expect anything less. Acutally if they really wanted to surprise me they'd make him have nothing to do with anything...

dmc

bvibert said:

That thought crossed my mind...

Poor - poor - Chloe....

Wonder if Tony is going to hitch up with Chloe now that little "minky" Michelle Desler is dead...

kickstand

bvibert said:
it did cross my mind, but he was acting on behalf of the White House (to the best of his knowledge). I'm guessing he didn't really need any additional info. It's not like he was working for someone outside the agency/government a la Nina Meyers. Besides, if Stuart came on to Chloe just to try to get inside info, I think she's pessimistic enough that she never would've hooked up with him. I think there was something there, which is scary in and of itself.

ctenidae

You guys watch too much TV.

I'm a little jealous.
The only TV I see regularly is Futurama or Family Guy on Cartoon Network before I fall asleep.

dmc

ctenidae said:
You guys watch too much TV.

I'm a little jealous.
The only TV I see regularly is Futurama or Family Guy on Cartoon Network before I fall asleep.

So one TV show is too much? Sorry - I must've missed the memo...

Actually since i got TIVO - I watch TV when I want.... It's awesome!

ctenidae

It just amazes me the amount of discussion that 24 generates. It's kind of a cool phenomenon, actually. I don't quite understand the attraction, myself, but that's just me. I've actually considered the TiVo option, but discarded it when I realized that A) There isn't enough on TV I'm interested in watching to justify the purchase and 2) There's no time when I'd really watch it.

Not banging on 24 watchers, or TV watchers at all. Just saying I kind of wish I had time to get into a show.

mergs

I borrowed Season 1 on DVD... I am 2 shows from the end, which my first grade math tells me that I am on 10pm. Anyway, its pretty damn good. Can't wait to end the season anf begin on #2. It definitely motivates me to get into the basement gym every morning (where i watch an episode most mornings).

By the way, if you like "24" you'd probably like BBC's "MI-5" (aka "Spooks")

dmc

ctenidae said:
It just amazes me the amount of discussion that 24 generates. It's kind of a cool phenomenon, actually. I don't quite understand the attraction, myself, but that's just me. I've actually considered the TiVo option, but discarded it when I realized that A) There isn't enough on TV I'm interested in watching to justify the purchase and 2) There's no time when I'd really watch it.

Not banging on 24 watchers, or TV watchers at all. Just saying I kind of wish I had time to get into a show.

I guess I'm lucky then.. :)

the thing about TIVO is - you can watch anytime.. You can also copy shows onto your PC and watch them on the road, etc...

kickstand

dmc said:
the thing about TIVO is - you can watch anytime.. You can also copy shows onto your PC and watch them on the road, etc...

do you know if this is a TIVO-specific feature or if Comcast's DVR allows you to do this, too? I have Comcast DVR and sometimes finding info on their site is a pain. Thought I'd ask, see if someone has a quick hit for me before I go searching.

dmc

kickstand said:
do you know if this is a TIVO-specific feature or if Comcast's DVR allows you to do this, too? I have Comcast DVR and sometimes finding info on their site is a pain. Thought I'd ask, see if someone has a quick hit for me before I go searching.

I think it's a TIVO thing... It has a USB connection for a wireless unit...

Grassi21

I saw a commercial for the upcoming season premier and remembered that I have to trade in my HD cable box. I refuse to miss a show. Unfortunately my Tivo Series 2 doesn't work with the an HD box. The only solution is to downgrade my cable box or buy a Series 3 Tivo for more than 700 bucks. Whatever, Tivo is more important to me than HD and Jack is back!