• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

[contest spam] Sign up for ski deal alerts on Liftopia enter to win $500 in ski tix

Evmo

Hey All,

We just launched a fun new feature on our site, which allows you to sign up to receive lift ticket deal alerts on Liftopia when resorts in your favorite areas load new deals (you get to hear about them first).

To help folks find them, we are doing a great promo. Tweet, blog about, or share the below link and sign up for a deal alert to enter to win $500 in lift ticket credit on Liftopia.com.

Happy Holidays!

Link: http://www.liftopia.com/?utm_source=web&utm_medium=alert&utm_campaign=promo

Last edited:

wa-loaf

On Facebook, it just says we need to like your post and sign up for the alerts. Do we now need to repost the link? I don't have a problem with it, it's just not clear.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Hey All,

We just launched a fun new feature on our site, which allows you to sign up to receive lift ticket deal alerts on Liftopia when resorts in your favorite areas load new deals (you get to hear about them first).

To help folks find them, we are doing a great promo. Tweet, blog about, or share the below link and sign up for a deal alert to enter to win $500 in lift ticket credit on Liftopia.com.

Happy Holidays!

Link: http://www.liftopia.com/?utm_source=web&utm_medium=alert&utm_campaign=promo

I'm all for deals. But your promo is not clear. I can tweet. I can blog. I signed up for a deal alert, by selecting it on my Liftopia account. Does that mean I'm entered to win? Or do I have to twee/blog some place and somehow tell you about it?

Evmo

I'm all for deals. But your promo is not clear. I can tweet. I can blog. I signed up for a deal alert, by selecting it on my Liftopia account. Does that mean I'm entered to win?

Sorry for the lack of clarification, but signing up for the alert itself is the most important part. Thanks!

hammer

Welcome back...it's been taking some time for the deals to show up on Liftopia but they are starting. :smile:

Evmo

thanks Hammer, and thanks for your patience. Has been a rough season (as you all know), so it has taken a little while to get the wheels turning. Still a ways to go, need to get more resorts/deals on board!

E

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Me thinks that you guys will be an important player in ski resort yield management. More power to you - all sides win!

p.s., The resort-side experience has been seamless - no muss, no fuss, no confusion, all the ticket-takers seem to be aware of liftopia.

Evmo

That is great to hear Billski, we definitely want to make this as easy a process for everyone as possible.

Yield management across all types of tickets is definitely our MO. We think it will help resorts and skiers/riders in the long term.

Again, really appreciate your enthusiasm for what we are doing.

E

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Me thinks that you guys will be an important player in ski resort yield management. More power to you - all sides win!

p.s., The resort-side experience has been seamless - no muss, no fuss, no confusion, all the ticket-takers seem to be aware of liftopia.

Seconded. I've used Liftopia 4 or 5 times in the past couple years (including this past weekend), and have nothing but good things to say about them.

Except maybe their discounts could be higher. :wink:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Seconded. I've used Liftopia 4 or 5 times in the past couple years (including this past weekend), and have nothing but good things to say about them.

Except maybe their discounts could be higher. :wink:
I used Liftopia for my A-basin tickets for Mother's Day weekend 2008. Easy to use and great discount. :D It was cheaper than the buddy discounts were for passholders even.

Evmo

I used Liftopia for my A-basin tickets for Mother's Day weekend 2008. Easy to use and great discount. :D It was cheaper than the buddy discounts were for passholders even.

Awesome, this is great news guys. Thank you so much for using the site, and for your patience while we work to improve both the site and the list of participating resorts. Feel free to send suggestions, we know we have a lot of work to do.

E

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Awesome, this is great news guys. Thank you so much for using the site, and for your patience while we work to improve both the site and the list of participating resorts. Feel free to send suggestions, we know we have a lot of work to do.

E
Hey Evmo,
why are you selling Black 12/18 for 18.99 when they are sporting an opening day special of $10?

Also, where is Cranmore?

Evmo

Hey Evmo,
why are you selling Black 12/18 for 18.99 when they are sporting an opening day special of $10?

Also, where is Cranmore?

Hey Billski,

Sorry for the confusion, I just fixed this. The resorts have complete control over their pricing, so they must have made the on-mountain price adjustment after they had already loaded on Liftopia. I have removed the tickets for now, and will surely refund anyone if they have purchased for that date.

Thanks for your patience,

Evmo

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Hey All,

Happy Holidays!

Hey Evan, I didn't win anything :( yet, but I do have a question about Liftopia. What if I don't have access to a printer? I have an iTouch and might be willing to do a purchase on the road. Do I need to have a paper copy when I show up at the mountain to claim my ticket? I know they ask for photo ID, is that good enough?

I understand I might have an issue with proving my purchase if something goes wrong, but sometimes these last minute decisions require flexibility.