• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter 12/12

millerm277

Damn Quad was a train wreck today. Died once early right after 10, and then I skied by it couple of hours later to see two chairs almost on top of one another near the top with people on them! One word can sum up a fix for the quad....DOPPLEMAYER!!!

Nah, a NEW poma quad would be fine too. There's a ton of them. Hunter just has an older "model", aka the first ones Poma ever made. Kind of like buying tech stuff the instant it comes out....if you wait to buy it till it's "matured", you get a much better product in the end.

Cell phone picture of the bumps on Cliff yesterday

Last edited:

catskillman

quad down all day except for about 1/2 hour today ----------

the mountain is just one abonimation after another !!!!!!!!!:cry::cry::cry:

dmc

quad down all day except for about 1/2 hour today ----------

the mountain is just one abonimation after another !!!!!!!!!:cry::cry::cry:

Sorry - but I call BS on that...
I was out all afternoon and riding the quad...

dmc

Actually the Quad is one abomoination after another. The snowmaking has been great!

Thats what I tell the Hunter management types...

Everyone's talking about the damn quad and not the great snowmaking and the fact that almost the whole place is open..

Good point DMC. The snowmaking has been awesome. With K and Clairs coming online next. That only leaves 3 trails left.

dmc

Good point DMC. The snowmaking has been awesome. With K and Clairs coming online next. That only leaves 3 trails left.

I have all my poaches laid out for tomorrow.... :)

Sat should be sweet...

Bummer, K poach is awesome, but I guess it should be open by Friday. At least i had Racers and Gun Hill on Saturday. Our redcoat friends won't dare do Racers.

dmc

Bummer, K poach is awesome, but I guess it should be open by Friday. At least i had Racers and Gun Hill on Saturday. Our redcoat friends won't dare do Racers.

Clairs poach too!

catskillman

Sorry - got the date wrong!!!!!!!! Will be back tomorrow (Friday) can't wait to see what happens and what the crowds are like.

& I can be backed up on the hunterskiscene blogspot.

I just found out about this - daily reports & weather by "Jon". Wish I had that kind of time, but you got to love him.

kingslug

Had a good 2/3 day Sunday until it just got too hairy...sideways rain. Tne snowstorm before was cool though as it left a few inches to slide around on. Avoided the quad all day and din't really miss it. Since I'll be there mostly Mondays I won't care..as long as I can get to the top.

JimG.

Staff member
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

NO mountain can outdo Hunter in the snowmaking department.

The fact they'll basically get the whole mountain open in about 2 weeks proves it.

I love my home hill.

JimG.

Staff member
Purna now receiving snow...open by week's end.

They blew on Clair's and Crossover all weekend.

Snowmaking frenzy. Skiing this past weekend was spectacular.