• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

SkiHaus thread locked!?!?!?!

dmc

All I did was contact SkiHaus to clear this up and TrailBoass locks the thread?!?!?!

What a load of crap....

The mods are out of control - yet again....

thetrailboss

Staff member
That was not the reason. Folks were :uzi: with each other and it was getting personal and nasty.

Puck it

I started a thread defending them. I am really PO'ed by that thread. It should be deleted. I am thinking of joing Ski Diva to get it off there too. Steve is a great guy and his brother is a friend of my buddy.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I started a thread defending them. I am really PO'ed by that thread. It should be deleted. I am thinking of joing Ski Diva to get it off there too. Steve is a great guy and his brother is a friend of my buddy.

dude, In her mind, she got screwed. She's got every right to express that on a PUBLIC FORUM.

Delete her thread? You're asking for censorship in a thread decrying censorship? :blink:

Now I've seen it all.

Puck it

dude, In her mind, she got screwed. She's got every right to express that on a PUBLIC FORUM.

Delete her thread? You're asking for censorship in a thread decrying censorship? :blink:

Now I've seen it all.

You are right. Passion of the moment. But they are here defending themselves unless they become a member. Snowjournal had a rant about a shop in Danvers. If you are unhappy with the service leave and leaver it alone. You are F'in with someone's livelihood.

deadheadskier

Staff member
You are right. Passion of the moment. But they are here defending themselves unless they become a member. Snowjournal had a rant about a shop in Danvers. If you are unhappy with the service leave and leaver it alone. You are F'in with someone's livelihood.

So by that logic, I should not have said anything bad about Jiffy Lube for the crap I'm going through now? Should someone contact them to come on here and defend themselves?

By the same logic, should I write Obama a letter because sometimes you feel like it's your job to trash him on Andy's message board? (yes I'll occasionally read what's going on there).

I understand that Steve has done a lot of great things for you and your family. He apparently is capable of pissing off a customer or two as well. He's human. It happens. I know I've pissed off plenty of customers in my life.

Puck it

So by that logic, I should not have said anything bad about Jiffy Lube for the crap I'm going through now? Should someone contact them to come on here and defend themselves?

By the same logic, should I write Obama a letter because sometimes you feel like it's your job to trash him on Andy's message board? (yes I'll occasionally read what's going on there).

I understand that Steve has done a lot of great things for you and your family. He apparently is capable of pissing off a customer or two as well. He's human. It happens. I know I've pissed off plenty of customers in my life.

What part of "you are right" was mispelled. This is a mom and pop store not a large coporation. I think they should be to defend themselves.

Yes, you should go after them. They damaged your car. What did Ski Haus damage?

And yes, please right Obama and tell him that I am slamming him. May be he will begin to understand what the polls are staying. It allows me to vent there. And to play with DMC.

Okay, let's stay on topic fro Ski Haus

dmc

Why not? Do they not have the right to defend themselves?

You took her side of the story... We can defend the shop...

I can think of other negative scenarios about blindly dissing the ski on a site that gets it's revenue from Ski advertising...

If i owned a shop and wanted to advertise - I wouldn't do it here knowing that the MODa are going to blindly take the side of the person attacking said shop...

deadheadskier

Staff member
Based upon the facts that she presented, she had a deal in writing, a bill of sale with a deposit paid. By my ethics, the shop shouldn't reneg on that deal.

Am I not going to shop there because of what she wrote? No. If I'm in the area I'll check it out and see what kind of service I get.

I will say after reading what she wrote that I'd be reluctant to assume a deal with them is a done deal, even if I have it in writing and have paid a deposit.

Now if they come on here and tell me that she's FOS and there was no deal in place, shame on me. My basis for trusting Swampdog is she was quite helpful when I had questions concerning businesses near her home and where I had my wedding. I have 'history' with her and no reason so far not to trust her. I don't have 'history' with Skihaus

My reaction was perfectly normal, so screw you DMC for putting me down as 'unMOD' like; though I know that's often your agenda.

damn....broke my promise. chew on it, but don't expect much more.

dmc

Based upon the facts that she presented, she had a deal in writing, a bill of sale with a deposit paid. By my ethics, the shop shouldn't reneg on that deal.

Am I not going to shop there because of what she wrote? No. If I'm in the area I'll check it out and see what kind of service I get.

I will say after reading what she wrote that I'd be reluctant to assume a deal with them is a done deal, even if I have it in writing and have paid a deposit.

Now if they come on here and tell me that she's FOS and there was no deal in place, shame on me. My basis for trusting Swampdog is she was quite helpful when I had questions concerning businesses near her home and where I had my wedding. I have 'history' with her and no reason so far not to trust her. I don't have 'history' with Skihaus

My reaction was perfectly normal, so screw you DMC for putting me down as 'unMOD' like; though I know that's often your agenda.

damn....broke my promise. chew on it, but don't expect much more.

Your head has goten so huge since this whole Mod thing started... It's got gravity...

Go ahead... Take her side... She's your friend... I wouldn't want to get between a so called moderator and his friend..

What do YOU have to lose... not ski shop business...

I know who she is... I've had it out with her BS before... She a whiner and doesn't care who she take out on the way down...

thetrailboss

Staff member
If i owned a shop and wanted to advertise - I wouldn't do it here knowing that the MODa are going to blindly take the side of the person attacking said shop...

THAT'S NOT what happened here at all. The only "side" I took was saying that folks did not need to get pissed off with each other.

dmc

THAT'S NOT what happened here at all. The only "side" I took was saying that folks did not need to get pissed off with each other.

Dude... chill... Was referring to DHS... You did good... Questionable lock...But otherwise good... :) <<<<SMILEY

deadheadskier

Staff member
Your head has goten so huge since this whole Mod thing started... It's got gravity...

Go ahead... Take her side... She's your friend... I wouldn't want to get between a so called moderator and his friend..

What do YOU have to lose... not ski shop business...

I know who she is... I've had it out with her BS before... She a whiner and doesn't care who she take out on the way down...

Pot, meet tea kettle Doug. I've never met a more egomaniacal personality on message board in my life dmc. And you back it up more than the rest by taking your ball and going home......usually with a big all tantrum of name calling.

Is that where this is going tonight there mr 'peace brother except for when someone has a different opinion than you' ???? You've certainly thrown a few names out there already. Have you got your private messages turned off yet????

Why are you taking Skihaus's side and not Swampdog? You may think she's a whiner, but what you're effectively doing is calling her a liar. I've done nothing to diss Skihaus other than to say, if what Swampdog says is true, than she she had a shitty experience...shame on them.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Umm...the thread should NOT have been locked down. No way, no how, no nothing. I don't know her..but she was clearly upset in her original rant. From what she says, rightfully so.

However, when multiple people, not just DMC...kind of called her out and to chill a little before making tons of bad remarks about the place..she did become umm....well...it was quite clear she became bitchy and put up her claws. First off..her chosen name on here is SwampDog...she is a female....the name calling seems pretty accurate regardless of her demeanor. :)

Also, I totally disagree with PuckIT. If I or anyone else has a bad experience, I will most certainly feel free to post it on this internet board or any other. Why should people be limited to providing good reviews of shops or things?? If I get the short end of the stick....I'm going to call the place out. It appears that DMC was merely doing the democratic thing...and inviting the shop to defend themselves. I'm a professional...word of mouth and goodwill is a great thing for businesses...let the business live by its own actions.

dmc

Pot, meet tea kettle Doug. I've never met a more egomaniacal personality on message board in my life dmc. And you back it up more than the rest by taking your ball and going home......usually with a big all tantrum of name calling.

Is that where this is going tonight there mr 'peace brother except for when someone has a different opinion than you' ???? You've certainly thrown a few names out there already. Have you got your private messages turned off yet????

Why are you taking Skihaus's side and not Swampdog? You may think she's a whiner, but what you're effectively doing is calling her a liar. I've done nothing to diss Skihaus other than to say, if what Swampdog says is true, than she she had a shitty experience...shame on them.

Because SkiHAus was attacked... And WHERE I COME FROM... I don't put up with that stuff..

Why don't you take the time to actually read post without your usual emotion...

And STOP USING MY NAME!!!

dmc

Umm...the thread should NOT have been locked down. No way, no how, no nothing. I don't know her..but she was clearly upset in her original rant. From what she says, rightfully so.

However, when multiple people, not just DMC...kind of called her out and to chill a little before making tons of bad remarks about the place..she did become umm....well...it was quite clear she became bitchy and put up her claws. First off..her chosen name on here is SwampDog...she is a female....the name calling seems pretty accurate regardless of her demeanor. :)

Also, I totally disagree with PuckIT. If I or anyone else has a bad experience, I will most certainly feel free to post it on this internet board or any other. Why should people be limited to providing good reviews of shops or things?? If I get the short end of the stick....I'm going to call the place out. It appears that DMC was merely doing the democratic thing...and inviting the shop to defend themselves. I'm a professional...word of mouth and goodwill is a great thing for businesses...let the business live by its own actions.

DHS has to get all upitty with Teach Ski... And shes a well known internet b....h

Puck it

BTW. I changed my opinion after the passion was down. I know these guys. They must have had a good reason for doing this.

dmc

BTW. I changed my opinion after the passion was down. I know these guys. They must have had a good reason for doing this.

Can you call them and sort this out?

Thats all I really wanted..

Puck it

Can you call them and sort this out?

Thats all I really wanted..

I will go up and talk with them directly on Friday night or Saturday after a tire rotation on the FJ. I will post the info if I get it.