• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

SkiHaus thread locked!?!?!?!

drjeff

What topic gets more viewership??? A 1 page, 3 to 5 response thread or a multi-thread, mutli-page thread???

There's defense of a stance and then there's flat out obstinance when 2 sides can't agree on anything (and appear like they never will). Sometimes, silence speaks much louder than words.

Swamp Dog

I know who she is... I've had it out with her BS before... She a whiner and doesn't care who she take out on the way down...

I'm pretty sure you and I have never discussed squat before. If we have, it's obviously not relevant to anything and unimportant because I don't remember it.

Maybe you would like to refresh my memory or do you prefer to just continue to slander me? I'm pretty sure you know NOTHING about me.

dmc

I'm pretty sure you and I have never discussed squat before. If we have, it's obviously not relevant to anything and unimportant because I don't remember it.

Maybe you would like to refresh my memory or do you prefer to just continue to slander me? I'm pretty sure you know NOTHING about me.

YEah you sounded like another raving lunatic i know on the net...

Do us all a favor... Go take some Midol and post in the morning...

Swamp Dog

please

The girl had every right to express herself. I can't believe I'm reading this. You fight and fight for people say whatever they want, whenever they want. It's my belief that's that's your job in life.

......until, you disagree with what they say. Then you want to silence them. Hippie Gestapo I guess.

obviously it only applies when you're part of the good 'ol boys club here.

I'm just a whiney internet bitch.

When you tools stop in at Ski Haus....pay for my skis and bring them up to me. Make sure you ask for Bobby, he was the sales dude I worked with, because obviously what I told you is a bunch of crap.

Oh, and ask for Brian, because he called last week, It was your buddy Steve who called my husband, not the other way around. He returned the call last night, therefore no face to face meeting.....at a shop over an hour away.

Oh wait....I keep forgetting....I'm just a whiney internet bitch and have no idea what I'm talking about.

Carry on.

Swamp Dog

YEah you sounded like another raving lunatic i know on the net...

Do us all a favor... Go take some Midol and post in the morning...

that's what I thought. We've never exchanged two words. You just find it convenient and easy to bust on women posters by calling them a bitch.

Nice work. I bet you're even more pleasant in person. Your mama must be so proud!

heh...let's get this one locked too!

dmc

obviously it only applies when you're part of the good 'ol boys club here.

I'm just a whiney internet bitch.

When you tools stop in at Ski Haus....pay for my skis and bring them up to me. Make sure you ask for Bobby, he was the sales dude I worked with, because obviously what I told you is a bunch of crap.

Oh, and ask for Brian, because he called last week, It was your buddy Steve who called my husband, not the other way around. He returned the call last night, therefore no face to face meeting.....at a shop over an hour away.

Oh wait....I keep forgetting....I'm just a whiney internet bitch and have no idea what I'm talking about.

Carry on.

haha... If you would've posted like this last night - I would'nt have had to defend myself so much...

But thanks for the belated show of true colors... Most of us already knew though..

dmc

that's what I thought. We've never exchanged two words. You just find it convenient and easy to bust on women posters by calling them a bitch.

Nice work. I bet you're even more pleasant in person. Your mama must be so proud!

heh...let's get this one locked too!

You act like one and I'll call you out... Just like you call me out...

Please don't talk about my Mother... It's low class...

dmc

wow...more tool wisdom.

My dog likes to play in the swamp....all water actually. See the avatar?

Keep showing your stupidity.

68007d1240802426-upload-test-dr-phil-fam_midol_max_strength_caple-5300.jpg

dmc

ah....you must've learned it on the street then.

tell me again how you know me.

I'm still waiting for that gem.

I thought you were another crazy, vindictive person that I know from the net...

Turns out... There's 2 of you now!

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Ummm....I believe Merle Haggard said it best:

The first thing I remember knowing,
Was a lonesome whistle blowing,
And a young un's dream of growing up to ride;
On a freight train leaving town,
Not knowing where I'm bound,
No-one could change my mind but Mama tried.
One and only rebel child,
From a family, meek and mild:
My Mama seemed to know what lay in store.
Despite all my Sunday learning,
Towards the bad, I kept on turning.
'Til Mama couldn't hold me anymore.

And I turned twenty-one in prison doing life without parole.
No-one could steer me right but Mama tried, Mama tried.
Mama tried to raise me better, but her pleading, I denied.
That leaves only me to blame 'cos Mama tried.

(Instrumental break=Jerry solo)

Dear old Daddy, rest his soul,
Left my Mom a heavy load;
She tried so very hard to fill his shoes.
Working hours without rest,
Wanted me to have the best.
She tried to raise me right but I refused.

And I turned twenty-one in prison doing life without parole.
No-one could steer me right but Mama tried, Mama tried.
Mama tried to raise me better, but her pleading, I denied.
That leaves only me to blame 'cos Mama tried.

midd

wasn't the original post just a form of spam? maybe should've been deleted for that reason. Instead of posting for the sole reason to sell/rent something/someplace the post was solely to defame a ski shop.

I imagine the mods don't like sales/rental posts because they can't vouch for the authenticity of of people using the board to sell products nor the claims they're making. I doubt anyone could speak to the veracity of the orignal poster's claims here. It's a form of censorship, but maybe one-note sales pitch type posts should always vanish.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
wasn't the original post just a form of spam? maybe should've been deleted for that reason. Instead of posting for the sole reason to sell/rent something/someplace the post was solely to defame a ski shop.

I imagine the mods don't like sales/rental posts because they can't vouch for the authenticity of of people using the board to sell products nor the claims they're making. I doubt anyone could speak to the veracity of the orignal poster's claims here. It's a form of censorship, but maybe one-note sales pitch type posts should always vanish.

She has 211 posts and has been a member for over a year. There is sort of a spam rule in place but that's more for those one-time posters and not even all of that gets removed if it's skiing-related.

midd

She has 211 posts and has been a member for over a year. There is sort of a spam rule in place but that's more for those one-time posters and not even all of that gets removed if it's skiing-related.

It's not the bot-created, nor random spam, but spam nonetheless. Wasn't intended to further discussion, was done with one goal in mind, to hurt the ski shop and their owners.

I'm closing in on two years myself, but wouldn't expect to be taken seriously if I started a thread to rent my house in Conway. It'd be a step above the nigerian email spam, but that's fine, there are places like VRBO I can use to do it more above board. Similarly, a call to the better business bureau would have been more appropriate than the poster's internet smear campaign.

spilla

My name is Steve, the owner of Ski Haus. I would like to explain.

Thanks for the heads up, but I can't figure out how to post a reply. It tells me the post is closed. I will post it here though. Maybe you can help me out and send people this way with it?

This person came into the store on 10/31/09 interested in the Mantras. As a courtesy, until she could prove employment, she put a deposit on the package at the regular price. After the sale was completed that day she asked the salesperson to write the pro form pricing on her copy of the receipt. On 12/5/09 the customer was called and asked if she was still interested in the skis and bindings because it was now outside of our 30 day layaway policy. Her husband called back the next day and informed me that she had just received her proof on employment at the ski area. I do a lot of pro forms for people who have no difficulty getting me proof of employment in August, September, and October, but for some reason this took her until December to get.
When I explained that any proform deals go direct through the manufacturer and we only do them as a service to the customer (we don't make any money on them) and I would order them from Volkl that day based on availability from the manufacturer, her husband wasn't happy. He wanted to drive down and have us install the bindings while he waited when my shop was backed up four days due to the Christmas rush.

I called Volkl. They were out of stock. I called my rep who tried to pull one from his or his tech reps stock of pro skis, but in December, they were all gone. My rep called stores that he knew might have pro stock, but to no avail. I called the customer to try and explain. After very heated one sided conversation I hung up the phone after the threats of a lawyer and badmouthing me and the store on the web. I don't know what else I could have done. The manufacturer was out of product by the time we got proof of employment. I did all that I could and went above and beyond to try to get product for her, but she still threatens with a lawyer.