• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

My First trip to Mt Killington

greg420247

Just wanted to know what to expect on the Mt :beer: and where might be the best place to hang out after skiing. (nightlife) I have needed this vacation for a long time. Just looking for a place to have some fun.

BeanoNYC

Welcome to the forum, Greg. When are you goin? That will determine what to expect as far as crowds and such. As far as places to party, you won't have a tough time finding that. The Pickle Barrel, Charities and Wobblie Barn come time mind quickly. What kind of scene are you into?

greg420247

Feb 3rd thru 5th. Just want to hang out. Nothing outragous but just good atmosphere and some good music.

BeanoNYC

greg420247 said:
Oh and thanks for the welcome Rich

Anytime....Don't forget to post your Trip Report and take lots of pictures for us.

The Pickle Barrel will have live music both Friday and Saturday, albeit the same band. I like the scene at Charity's for some good conversation and grog. I had a decent time at the lookout as well. The Wobbly Barn is a free for all of debauchery. Oh, and the Grist Mill has a fun Happy Hour and usually a band. Food is ok, but I usually like the crowd.

It will be crowded, but bearable that weekend. What kind of terrain is your group looking for?

ALLSKIING

Staff member
greg420247 said:
Oh and thanks for the welcome Rich
I will be at K from the 3rd to the 6th. Most of the time we end up at the outback after skiing. Can't tell what the skiing will be like yet but pray for snow they need it.

Tyrolean_skier

If you guys are going to be at K that weekend, stop by the 10 AM meeting spot and meet some K-zoners.

http://www.killingtonzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=910

I will be there that weekend as well. I am probably not going to be at the 10 AM meeting since I am taking a class starting at 9:30 AM. However, my hubby, SkiDork, should be there and you can easily spot him. He is 6'5" and wears a black helmet with SkiDork and K-zone plastered on it. He also wears a yellow backpack.

It was snowing up there earlier. I don't know though if it is still continuing or if it has stopped.

greg420247

Thaks you very much everyone for responding everyone. I'll ski just about any terrain. I only get to go skiing about 3 times a year. My best friend and I ski very well but some of my buddies are not very good. I love it when the tag along all they do is make you laugh, yard sale after yard sale.

Buckeye Skier 1330

Hey greg420247, it's good to see another Ohioan on Alpine Zone. Never been to Killington but Vermont definitely is awesome. We did drive by there last year and got a good look at Pico. It's the less crowded mountain of KMart. Several people on this site recommended it, so you may want to give it a try for one day. Hope you have a good trip!!

haines

I got a kick out your Mt. Killington post!

GO to the Caboose and grab some complimentary Hot Wings 4-7pm.

trackbiker

haines said:
GO to the Caboose and grab some complimentary Hot Wings 4-7pm.

My buddies and I agreed that the Caboose had the best happy hour wings, and we tried them all.
The bartenders there were very sociable and gave us some great references for entertainment the week we there. Have a great trip! :beer: