• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This weather SUCKS!!!

GadgetRick

Website
www.rickandedith.com
I know, just had to get it off my chest. The worst part is, my ski season is already cut short as my wife is due with our 2nd child in early April (and that may be moved up into March).

I am going out to Tahoe in late Feb. I haven't checked their conditions in the last couple of weeks but it looked like they were having another banner snow year. At least I have that to look forward to.

This just plain old sucks around here. :angry:

Bumpsis

Be careful or one of the moderators will come down on you to let know that you're not being postive. :wink:

And yeah, for the record, this weather does SUCK.

:p

Oh, enjoy Tahoe!!! I just came back from there. It's awesome. Do treat yourself to at least one day at Kirkwood. I highly recommed it!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
GadgetRick said:
The worst part is... blah blah blah blah blah
I am going out to Tahoe in late Feb.
dude! no need to rub it in! :lol: if you are heading to tahoe soon, who cares what the weather is doing around these parts. start following those western snow reports and get ready for the powder we ain't got! the weather does suck though, you are right.
:D

loafer89

I drove past Camelback on my way to Hazelton and it did not look any more the worse for wear after the warmth and rain of yesterday. All the trails looked well covered with no bare spots (at least from I-80).

Nearly all of the natural snow in the Poconos is gone except for a dusting above about 1,800'.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
loafer89 said:
I drove past Camelback on my way to Hazelton and it did not look any more the worse for wear after the warmth and rain of yesterday. All the trails looked well covered with no bare spots (at least from I-80).

Nearly all of the natural snow in the Poconos is gone except for a dusting above about 1,800'.
How is the house hunting going?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Bumpsis said:
Be careful or one of the moderators will come down on you to let know that you're not being postive. :wink:

Mights as well here it from the horse's mouth: That was NOT the whole story.

We had a situation in which someone was trolling and causing trouble on the website. That was what the problem was.

Terry

I skied Shawnee Peak last night just to see how bad it was. I was pleasantly surprised! All the trails had good coverage, very few ice patches, and they even managed to open a couple of new trails! They blew a tremendous amount of snow on sunday and monday and just stockpiled it. After the rain on weds,they pushed it around were needed, and even opened up new trails! Great call by the management! The skiing should be pretty good this weekend! :beer:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
ALLSKIING said:

Yeah, I don't know why everyone shouldn't be in a good mood today...

The weather pattern looks to be improving, and in the mean time there should be some good spring skiing this weekend. And spring skiing tastes great washed down with a good brew. Am I right?

What is there to be down about?

BTW, I'm headed up to Snow again Sunday if anyone's interested. I'll post again in T&E at some point.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Also I'm headed up to Wachusett tonight. Going to brave the crowds; I just can't help myself.

Zand, Sky or anyone else, you interested?

loafer89

ALLSKIING said:
loafer89 said:

How is the house hunting going?

First we are looking for a place to relocate our business, I think that we found a suitable place in Stroudsburg. On sunday the family and I are going up to look at houses to get an idea of where we want to live.

Sparky

You placate yourself with movies and DVDs. You busy your mind with the chores that need doing before the season comes so that nothing will interfere with your time on the mountain. You exercise to specifically strengthen your body (in my case, decrepit body) to improve you skiing and to avoid injury. You save money and defer all your annual gifts like birthdays and fathers day so they can all be applied to whatever you may need for the season. Then the leaves finally start to turn, you double up on those chores so that when the snow flies, you’re ready. When winter finally arrives, life begins and then, with the cruelty that only Mother Nature can muster, winter is ripped from our grasp. Now we set and console ourselves with other suffers through web blogs and forums. Domed to listen to all these summer people rejoicing in the “wonderful weather” and how they hope it continues. Its January the wind should be howling, the snow endless and the furnaces running 24/7. But no, the grass is showing, it’s raining and short of moving to Europe or the Rockies there is nothing we can do. Why have the weather Gods forsaken us?

Yea, This weather SUCKS :angry:

GadgetRick

Website
www.rickandedith.com
My only, "advertisement," if you will. I do mortgages (in PA as well) if you need advice on a mortgage for your house. Enough said.

I skied Kirkwood when I was there in April. Great mountain with great people. I will be doing at least one day there. I checked and Heavenly has gotten bombed over the last week. I'm itching to get out there. :)

I'm heading up to patrol at Belleayre this weekend. Looks like Sunday might be interesting. Supposed to be warm and maybe a little rain tomorrow. Then freeze over night. If it doesn't get cold enough early enough, no grooming over night and a nice crust on the top. Ugh!

Let's just hope it gets better. I was just venting. :)

GadgetRick

Website
www.rickandedith.com
Well, this past weekend was a rough one. Saturday wasn't TERRIBLE except for the fact we lost a lot of the mountain to the rains. Lots of snow but thin cover in a lot of places. Closed a few trails. It was warm enough for the bumps to be very Spring-ish and soft. Then it started to rain around 3:00. That sucked since I had terrain park duty. It quickly switched over to sleet, which gave us hope for a decent Sunday.

Problem was, although the snow was setting up nicely before we left the mountain (around 6:00), it was still rough on Sunday. They groomed some powder on the top but it was hardpack underneath. The mountain was very fast yesterday and there were more people there than we thought might show up. You can imagine what kind of day we had on the patroll...

Oh well, spirits are up since they're supposed to get 5-8" from this storm. That would make the mountain very nice again. :) Too bad I can't make it up this week. I won't be back up for another 2 weeks. :(

The weather is supposed to stay cold and they will AGGRESSIVELY blow snow. They told us they will be blowing like crazy while the weather permits. Have to make up for lost time now. I don't know when the generators go back but I know our time to really blow is somewhat limited. Let's hope it stays cold enough (or even snows!) over the next couple of weeks for them to get the mountain back into shape for the stretch run.

I'm slightly more hopeful...