• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

bershire east conditions

skizilla

has anyone skied bershire east this week orpersonally seen there conditions? I ask because I am leading a trip to it with the amc and in my experience the snow reports have been less than reliable. Especiaaly with the recent bad weather I want a first hand account of the conditions. Any help please.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
skizilla said:
has anyone skied bershire east this week orpersonally seen there conditions? I ask because I am leading a trip to it with the amc and in my experience the snow reports have been less than reliable. Especiaaly with the recent bad weather I want a first hand account of the conditions. Any help please.

I was there on MLK day. Things were suprisingly good. One black from the top was opened, along with many of the blues and all greens. It was really cold.

There was one trail (see my report in the trip reports folder) that had lots of powder. They had several of the blower-style machines making snow and it was definitely edgeable packed powder. These conditions were all 48 hours after last week's rain. All the snowmaking trails were open and in fine shape.

Having said all of that, it rained again midweek, so I don't know what happened. I have a general rule to avoid skiing the day or two after a rain.

If your skiers are intermediate or lower, they'll be OK. If your skiers are more demanding, they'll like the competition black diamond trail, but could get bored if that's all they want to ski all day.