• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River: 12/23/2009

bigbog

Date(s) Skied: Wednesday 12/23/2009

Resort or Ski Area: Sunday River

Conditions: pp, hardpack, boiler on downsides

Trip Report:

Had the lucky fortune of hooking up online for a freebie day ticket to the River. It was either $30 to the Loaf, $35 to Saddleback, or $0 to the River...and I ponder over this one for a few minutes, but the smooth groomers of SR were enjoyed for a day #2(day #4 since Feb. 08') in. My 00' Volkl G3s are another matter..LOL.
Wednesday was nice and cold but the wind brought ones' enjoyment down to what one was wearing for a jacket. How I love the high neck/chin protection from a well made hardshell.
Spent most of my time on Risky Business, parts of AmericanExpress, Lollapalooza, and lower groomed..LazyRiver, DreamWeaver...etc. All just great trails for re-discovering ones' turns... Just a few icy spots, were well marked, here and there with snowmaking ongoing.
Last night's dusting plus anything that's due to come should make for some great conditions both at the River and up at both Sugarloaf and Saddleback.