• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Park / Glade ski

Shock

I've been looking for a twin tip to start trying out the park. I've been looking around on Tramdock / S&C / BC outlet for awhile and found some skis I think would fit the bill but want advice on which you think would be best.

I'm an intermediate 6'1 190lb skier, my boots are Nordica Ignitions (2006's) 90 flex. I have a set of Volkl Supersport 6*'s as my regular skis but they're very narrow waisted at 68. I want a ski more in the 84-94 range for a waist. As for a length I was thinking something around 177 would work best.

Anyways, out of the Nordica Ignitions, Fischer misfits, Fischer addicts, Dynastar Trouble makers, or Blizzard Poachers, which would you grab and why?

Glenn

I grabbed a set of 07 Nothing But Troubles from Evogear.com's outlet. I bought them last fall...they were basically new "old" stock if you will. I bought them based on price. I just wanted something to take into the park to play around on. I've been really happy with the skis so far.

gorgonzola

I have a set of '06 fischer riu's which are the pre-cursor to the addicts - park ski from the maori free ride line, the watea being the only survivor. they are a fun poppy ski, 80 wide and my daily ski of choice unless its real icy or feel like laying down some big turns. fun in the bumps and trees too - i would think the addicts would be the same. i'm 6' 210# skiing 180's, the twins definately ski shorter

Shock

Ended up grabbing a pair of Atomic Punx (182). I saw these skis when I was a new skiers and had fallen in love with them. Kind of excited to get my own pair. I also bought a set of Tyrolia peak 12 bindings the other day.

<3 Tramdock