• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What music are you listening to right now?

jimk

Some good guitar there!
This 2006 performance of Fury by Prince blows my mind. I did not see the original broadcast and first became aware of it shortly after his death. I watch it about once a month. If you weren't a fan, this will make you one.
[video]https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=prince+snl&&view=detail&mid=F6534B76F8C95E0EC567F6534B76F8C95E0EC567&&FORM=VDRVRV[/video]
Little dude swung a big axe.
OIP.FL_GG3Kv-sgAsb5PcvIZowHaGO

Last edited:

Glenn

Lots of Pandora. Although, that's business as usual at our house. We'll switch to Amazon Music from time to time for a little variety.

ScottySkis

Concert for George Harrison is concert for George
On channel 13 PBS now it my favorite music
Probably my favorite PBS music special s

ScottySkis

I can't find a date for music events for virus I search internet no date listed

The Rolling Stones will join Lady Gaga, Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder and Billie Eilish for the upcoming TV special.

Looking forward to
Any 1 know when this is hhappening

Smellytele

I put a new engine in my lawn mower today and listened to rage against the machine in my garage as the snow fell outside

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

prsboogie

Introduced my 13 and 11 year olds to Steely Dan this evening. They dug it!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

jimk

I've been working on a big outdoor paving project around the yard and driveway. Listened to a lot of rock music from my phone while at it, but then started concentrating on the last two Led Zeppelin studio albums, Presence and In Through the Out Door. I did not know these albums as well as Zeppelin's earlier records. There was one song I started replaying over and over, Achilles Last Stand. Page's guitar and Bonham's drums really bring the hammer down on this song:smash:

I prefer the studio version, but this video shows live Bonham at work:

One of the reasons I did not listen so much to later Led Zep back in the day was because they strayed far from my preference then for simpler blues-rock. However, over time those more original/adventurous Zeppelin songs have held their musical interest quite well. I love the marching drum rolls Bonham starts repeating in the second half of ALS - epic.

Last edited: