• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown Bump or Bust Mogul Competition - 1/30/2010

MogulQueen

I'm representing the local chick division! Bart will be there too! I'm looking forward to racing on the rock solid mine field we call home. :-D

mondeo

sisson is gonna be there for the january contest... he is pretty nasty, so he might be the guy to beat
crap...
I'd suggest making the senior's division more of a senior's division. 50+. There are a lot of good bumpers in their mid-40s, including most of the guys that will be competing to win.
I officially retract this suggestion for the January comp.

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
All other things remaining equal, I will be there, with mogulskiing.net swag (probably just stickers... but it's better than nothing, right???). I've just got to work on some sort of air...

2knees

All other things remaining equal, I will be there, with mogulskiing.net swag (probably just stickers... but it's better than nothing, right???). I've just got to work on some sort of air...

can i get a signed sticker or something? please????

all kidding aside, the weather, as usual, will screw with us. rain and warmth this weekend followed by gradually falling temps next week. hopefully they get low enough so that Chris and his crew can top coat for the comp. but regardless, i speak for all of us when i say it would be awesome if you made it down.

Greg

Staff member
all kidding aside, the weather, as usual, will screw with us. rain and warmth this weekend followed by gradually falling temps next week. hopefully they get low enough so that Chris and his crew can top coat for the comp. but regardless, i speak for all of us when i say it would be awesome if you made it down.

Local weather guy was alluding to a major cool-down late next week. Accuweather 15 Day seems to be supporting this (actually, they are calling for snow next Friday). Not counting on that, but hopefully, it will get cold enough for a few nights of snow making on Temptor. Not ideal with the heat and rain on Monday, but I think by the end of the week, it will look better than last year.

thetrailboss

Staff member

Don't bring your groomer to the event :wink:

Do you have MogulSkiing.net stickers on your cat?

2knees

Local weather guy was alluding to a major cool-down late next week. Accuweather 15 Day seems to be supporting this (actually, they are calling for snow next Friday). Not counting on that, but hopefully, it will get cold enough for a few nights of snow making on Temptor. Not ideal with the heat and rain on Monday, but I think by the end of the week, it will look better than last year.

good to hear. and to be honest, i'd take last year. It was waaay better then we had thought it was gonna be. firm, but edgable. i think having a good amount of people skiing it kind of loosens it up regardless of the weather situation.

Greg

Staff member
good to hear. and to be honest, i'd take last year. It was waaay better then we had thought it was gonna be. firm, but edgable. i think having a good amount of people skiing it kind of loosens it up regardless of the weather situation.

Agreed. When I first got up there last year, it was rough, but some shovel work and lots of skier traffic and it was definitely skiable.

2knees

Agreed. When I first got up there last year, it was rough, but some shovel work and lots of skier traffic and it was definitely skiable.

I didnt realize there was anything other then people skiing it last year. what did they do shovelwise?

MR. evil

I didnt realize there was anything other then people skiing it last year. what did they do shovelwise?

I was there pretty early last year, the only shovel work I remember was 180 and 181 reworking the kickers and approach to the kickers. But I also took a short bar break with Grassi, so I may have missed something.

So who's up for some pre comp beers this year?

Greg

Staff member
There were chunks of snow being tossed off the jump areas that we were smashing lower down the trail.

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
can i get a signed sticker or something? please????

Thanks, I think it will be fun regardless of weather.

And yes, of course you can get a signed sticker! Only 3 easy installments of $19.99, and this one-of-a-kind autographed mogulskiing.net sticker can be all yours. You must be 18 or older to call. Shipping and handling not included.

bvibert

Staff member

That's great, can't wait to meet you!

It should be a good time, regardless of what the weather deals us.

bvibert

Staff member

Greg single handily reshaped the whole course with a shovel that morning. I guess he thought it would give him an advantage... Not too sure how that worked out for him...

2knees

Greg single handily reshaped the whole course with a shovel that morning. I guess he thought it would give him an advantage... Not too sure how that worked out for him...

maybe that's where the hernia started....

hey, speaking of shovels, did anyone find the one i left up there?

Greg

Staff member
Let's get back on the roll call. I'm officially in.

2knees

Official roll call.

2knees
Greg the Groin
Bvibert
Gmcunni
Mr. Evil
Mogul Queen
Mondeo
BushMogulMaster ( i realize this could change)

Shopping for dresses
o3Jeff
Grassi21