• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown Bump or Bust Mogul Competition - 1/30/2010

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Babysitting is set up so I should be able to make it to photograph you guys. Won't make any guarantees (my external flash is on the fritz and I've been getting some error codes with the Canon 10D lately), but it'll be good practice. :D

o3jeff

You planning on entering?

No, but I might have a late entrant!
picture.php

picture.php

2knees

could this end up being a powbumps bump comp????

BY FRI/SAT FORECAST BECOMES INTERESTING AS SOUTHERN STREAM TROF
EJECTS EASTWARD FROM THE SOUTHWEST STATES INTO THE GULF REGION. EARLY
HPC DISCUSSION LEANS MORE TOWARD 00Z ECMWF...WHICH BRINGS SURFACE LOW
A BUT CLOSER TO SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND...NEAR 40/70 BENCHMARK NEXT
WEEKEND. STILL A GOOD AMOUNT OF UNCERTAINTY BUT FOR NOW WE WILL LEAVE
CHANCE POPS FOR BOTH DAYS...THOUGH IT MAY END UP BEING MORE OF AN
IMPACT ON SAT AS OPPOSED TO FRI.

Greg

Staff member
Gonna be deja vu all over again.

Oh...I don't know about that. Looks plenty cold enough to freshen up Temptor with snow making, particularly Thursday and Friday nights.

bvibert

Staff member
I'm hoping to get out for a couple of hours on Friday night to help ski them in, hopefully there's some fresh snowmaking to ski in, or even snowmaking in progress..

gmcunni

I'm hoping to get out for a couple of hours on Friday night to help ski them in, hopefully there's some fresh snowmaking to ski in, or even snowmaking in progress..

i might join you Friday night. It will depend on a few things, weather being the most significant.

bvibert

Staff member
Official roll call.

2knees
Greg the Groin
Bvibert
Mr. Evil
Mogul Queen
Mondeo
BushMogulMaster ( i realize this could change)
deadheadskier??

Shopping for dresses
o3Jeff
Grassi21

Any other AZers gonna man up??

powhunter

Official roll call.

2knees
Greg the Groin
Bvibert
Mr. Evil
Mogul Queen
Mondeo
deadheadskier??

Shopping for dresses
o3Jeff
Grassi21
powhunter (ladies lingerie)

steveo

frankm938

Official roll call.

2knees
Greg the Groin
Bvibert
Mr. Evil
Mogul Queen
Mondeo
deadheadskier??

Shopping for dresses
o3Jeff
Grassi21

was skiing with the hammer (the guy that won the spring comp) last wknd and told him that sisson and bobsled were going to head down for the contest. he asked if i wanted to go down there with him (i cant, but ill be at the spring comp), so dont be surprised if the hammer shows up for the comp as well. mogul queens husband is in also

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Sundown conditions report, re:Bump or Bust

I never thought that I'd actually start a Sundown thread, since Greg and crew have that well covered. But... if I'm driving down to CT, I'd like to have an idea of what to expect this weekend. How was the fallout after the rain? Snowmaking? How much? Please post pix of the course if possible. Prizes announced yet? Not that I care, just curious.

I'm still 99% committed to making it down for the comp, but I'd like to at least know what I'm getting myself into!

Thanks in advance! :beer:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
There were snow flurries in T-town at 7:30PM... I know the plan is to make more snow as conditions allow this week and last I saw, some potential natural flakes falling from the sky on Saturday.

2knees

I never thought that I'd actually start a Sundown thread, since Greg and crew have that well covered. But... if I'm driving down to CT, I'd like to have an idea of what to expect this weekend. How was the fallout after the rain? Snowmaking? How much? Please post pix of the course if possible. Prizes announced yet? Not that I care, just curious.

I'm still 99% committed to making it down for the comp, but I'd like to at least know what I'm getting myself into!

Thanks in advance! :beer:

hopefully chris sullivan will chime in here. Temps are supposed to bottom out on friday and friday night so the course, as far as snow quality, should be in good shape. It doesnt take sundown long to really recover in a big way. massive rainstorms are kinda the norm down here.

As far as the course, we may need to ski it in saturday morning as last i heard, the left side line was still lacking. there was a really nice zip line down the right side a few weeks ago and i doubt that has changed much.

I'm shooting to get out friday afternoon. I'll be sure to post a few pics for you i do make it.

MR. evil

The right line was ok on sunday, it's nice up top and at the bottom, but the bumps are spaced out kind of wierd in the middle for a short stretch. I hope that's where they put the kickers.

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Cool, thanks. I've really gotta work on some sort of air. I'd like to do something other than a spread, but I've spend a cumulative total of about 5 minutes working on airs, so aside from my gnarly spread, I'm very lacking in that department. I was going to get into it a few years ago, but decided I wanted to have the skiing part pretty well mastered first.

So, my air is gonna be lame unless I can learn something between now and then. Guess I should go brave the variable conditions at the Bush the next coupla days, and find or shape myself an air bump upon which to practice.