• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow opens super pipe today, 12/29

vlewis

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
The superpipe at Carinthia opens today at 9am. This is a day earlier than expected and the first on the east coast.

drjeff

The superpipe at Carinthia opens today at 9am. This is a day earlier than expected and the first on the east coast.

Nice work guys! Been fun watching the cats build it on the webcam and in person the last 5 or so days!

Grassi21

my seasons pass just called me stupid for getting hurt

did you have any type of pass protection plan like sundown?

looks like thorski will be pleased that mt snow once again beat sundown in creating a super pipe. ;-) :lol:

drjeff

If only they put that snow on some real trail they could have plummet and ripcord open, or south bowl

South Bowl won the "unofficial voting poll" that was asked by mountain ops last week about what trail that hasn't seen snowmaking yet should see it next (after the resurface work is done) ;) Also, I'd bet that Ego Alley gets gun time real soon as looking over the events calender, there's a pretty big USSA race scheduled for the middle of next week on Ego.

I'd love to see plummet get some gun time, but because of the snowmaking pipe basically being on the "wrong" side of the trail, unless they get a wind out of basically the Southeast, plummet gets no gun love :(

drjeff

Open for business

pipecam29.jpg

Even have a view of the cliff drop in the shot at the top left of Nitro headwall as you're looking at this pic

vlewis

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
How come during a holiday week Mt Snow only has 50% of their trails open while Stratton has 90% of their terrain open?

Good observation. We had wind gusts up to 50 mph all day so we had to constantly put lifts on wind hold and take them off when we could reopen. Each time a lift went on hold we updated the percent of terrain open to reflect the terrain that you could access by the lifts operating at that point. At the lowest point we had around 50% of our terrain available, tomorrow we will have 71%.

vlewis

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
South Bowl won the "unofficial voting poll" that was asked by mountain ops last week about what trail that hasn't seen snowmaking yet should see it next (after the resurface work is done) ;) Also, I'd bet that Ego Alley gets gun time real soon as looking over the events calender, there's a pretty big USSA race scheduled for the middle of next week on Ego.

I'd love to see plummet get some gun time, but because of the snowmaking pipe basically being on the "wrong" side of the trail, unless they get a wind out of basically the Southeast, plummet gets no gun love :(

Ego is getting snow made on it tonight, Jaws opened today as a natural trail.

Newpylong

If only they put that snow on some real trail they could have plummet and ripcord open, or south bowl

Has nothing to do with snow being put on the main mountain or the North Face - they use seperate water supplies. Snow Lake (for the Main face) was empty and needed refilling. Expect snow to be made on the runs you mention soon.