• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett Mountain, Mass 12/29/2009

hrstrat57

Ski'd today at wa with KevinF (good to meet you Kevin!!) and Skimangojazz....

Ski on with no lines at both lifts most of the morning. I went up 1st about 0800 Kevin and SMJ went up about 0745 or so I would say.....I got there a little late, prob about 0740 and still parked in row 1.

The skiing was hard and fast, but not icy - conditions were the same on Challenger, Hitchcock, Ralph's(snow guns on full bore) Conifer and 10th. SW was taken over by WMRT, did not ski it. I rarely do Indian Summer unless I am helping a newbie.

We quit at 1045 with wind becoming a huge factor and most of the snow beginning to blow off the trails. Wasn't sketchy yet, but I expect it is now.

If you are going tonight I would suggest well tuned race skis.

No pics, too cold and the skiing was too good...the Canon stayed in the pocket.....sorry.

neil

Was thinking of going tomorrow night. Hopefully the wind will die down and they'll blow some serious snow tonight and tomorrow.

Shock

Glad to see the mountain is holding up. I heard it rained while I've been away, was a little worried it'd all be ice.

Mildcat

Glad to see the mountain is holding up. I heard it rained while I've been away, was a little worried it'd all be ice.

I went up for a bit last night and only skied Tenth and Smith (Connifer was closed for grooming). I didn't see any ice at all. Wa has a way of surprising you when you are sure conditions are going to suck.