• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Need plan for skiing S'bush

Razor

We'rer heading there later this week and haven't been there in a long time. As pretty good skiers who like to ski everything from groomed and ungroomed to the woods, can anyone suggest a good plan of attack to maximize our experience over two days? Thanks.

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
We'rer heading there later this week and haven't been there in a long time. As pretty good skiers who like to ski everything from groomed and ungroomed to the woods, can anyone suggest a good plan of attack to maximize our experience over two days? Thanks.

Weekend, hit the lower mountain of Lincoln Peak early in the day. As the lines begin to build, retreat to either the upper mountain or take Slidebrook over to Mt. Ellen. Later in the day, say 2:00, the lines off the quads at the bottom will start to subside again.

Also, don't overlook the North Lynx Triple, which you catch above the Gatehouse. There's some fun terrain up there and there's a great top to bottom run that goes from Birch Run through Sleeper.

WWF-VT

Are you there on the weekend or weekdays ? If you just have two days spend one at Mt Ellen and one at Lincoln Peak.

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com

In that case, you're all set. Unless it's Christmas or President's Week, you won't find much in the way of lift lines anywhere at the Bush. Study the trail map just enough to make sure you don't miss something and then ski around until you find what you like. It sounds like you're pretty flexible in your tastes.

Just remember that Slidebrook doesn't connect the two mountains midweek. If I had two days I'd do LP one day and ME one. If I had three, I'd do LP twice and ME once. Or maybe go to Mad River on the third...

HowieT2

my plan for lincoln peak would be to hit the upper mountain lifts and avoid the base quads between 10 and noon. The lines at the quads aren't bad but why wait at all. I generally go in for lunch early and go out for the afternoon when the crowds start coming in to eat. You could also ski into slidebrook and take the bus at the bottom over to Mt. Ellen.

If you want more details, PM me.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Are you there on the weekend or weekdays ? If you just have two days spend one at Mt Ellen and one at Lincoln Peak.

+ 1. Stay tuned to the weather. Winds close most of Ellen pretty quickly. Be prepared to drive between the two (or ride the bus) as SBX does not run midweek.

I just got off of three days at Mount Ellen. It was busy. This new snow will make the skiing amazing. LP was skiing well the last time I was there...better now that there is snow.

vonski

start on the left and work around to the right. ski every trail then do it again but ski the glades, then into slidebrook off north lynx, cross the road and walk down to the street on right. take shuttle to North and do the same at north and take the shuttle back to south or if weekend slidebrook express. This of course will take more than one day more like three! Basically, you cannot go wrong! The whole mountain rocks in its own way!!! Enjoy!!!:daffy::spread::beer: