• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Lange love thread (not the Lange girl love thread)

drjeff

Okay, I know that the number of Krypton addicts here on AZ is quite large, and understandably so for what that boot can do very well for so many, but I've got a Lange foot and I'm proud of it ;) So it's time for some Lange love here!

Just picked up my 6th pair of Lange essentially race boots, in my last quarter century of skiing, last week. Lange Comp Pro 120's. LOVE them, great low volume shell fit, really rapid response of foot movement to my skis and for my foot atleast comfortable (almost like a pair of comfy slippers).

LangeCompPro(5).jpg

Nick Blaylock, a Masterfit U trained fitter and the head of Mount Snow's new this year Bootworks, took care of my foot evaluation, boot selection and fitting, and made a few slight tweaks to my existing footbeds (never tried to sell me a new pair after visually inspecting my existing footbeds that Hal up at Northern Skiworks @ Killington made for me almost 7 years ago), a quick cuff cant adjustment and I was out on the hill making turns about an hour after I walked into the shop in the main base lodge at Mount Snow.

I just love the fit and performance that I get from my Langes :) :)

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Have had 3 pairs of Langes in my life. I recall a time when their performance was second to none and I used to go up a half size to make them work for me.

wa-loaf

Never tried them, but they seem to be on TD and SAC all the time for cheap.

Warp Daddy

Had a pr of Langes, skied them right off the rack one minor tweak and good to go . Only problem was they SQEEKED like hell in the extreme cold here and Tremblant , It got to be a joke you could hear me S walking in the lodge above the noise BEFORE ya saw me :D:D .

MY SIL has them now. I'm riding on Dolomite Rage10's now a mite roomier in the toe box and still quick to respond , but i'd buy Lange again THO

snowmonster

I love my Lange WC 120s. They're stiff, precise, hug my foot and... they also come in a color (baby blue) that scares Andyzee! It's my go to boot when I'm in bounds. If it were lighter, had a walk mode and wider in the toe, it would be in the backcountry too! Got them for cheap on SAC and take care of them like babies because they take care of me too.

I also have a lot to say about Lange girls but I'll leave that for another thread.

SKIQUATTRO

ahhhhhh Hal at NSW...he fitted my wife and I....he's a magician with ski boots!

drjeff

ahhhhhh Hal at NSW...he fitted my wife and I....he's a magician with ski boots!

Yup, Hal is definately a magician!

I've got a hunch, based on what I experienced 1st hand and have now heard from about a 1/2 dozen other regulars at Mount Snow that have been fit by him this season, that Nick at Mount Snow is going to be one of those names that will be mentioned right up there as one of the goto bootfitters in the Northeast. He's young, but boy does he have a grasp of foot anatomy, circulation issues, boot/liner shapes and a nice little set up with all the tools of the trade to handle anything adjustments that may be needed.