• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett 12/23/03

teachski

Website
teachski.com
Buzzed over to Wachusett today for a few runs. It wasn't bad at first, then it got too mushy for me with my sore knee and all. It really wasn't anything special anyway. Same old boring WAWA!

Vicery Bowl has tree stumps all over it, some that are about a foot high. It will take a lot of snow to cover it and make it skiable.

I forgot my camera at home, sorry no pictures.

O

oldhippie

WaWa

Laurie, how was the crowd?

Let's hope the rain doesn't do too much damage and it gets cold soon so they can make more snow.

teachski

Website
teachski.com
There really wasn't too bad of a crowd by WAWA standards.
I never had to wait in line for either quad. There was a small line at the triple. They only had the main part of the lodge open and I had no problem finding a seat to boot up.

O

oldhippie

>>> Do they have anything challenging? <<<

There are about 3 trails that have some black diamond sections to them..none of them longer than 100 yards or so.

I wouldn't suggest someone drive 90 plus to ski Waschusett, especially for the steeps, but if you are in the greater Mass area, like Boston or Worcester and are looking to get in some nice skiing "locally" and can't get up to the mountains in VT or NH. Then it's worth it.

It's a great place to do night skiing and get some kinks worked out before you head north.

O

oldhippie

Wachusett status?

Hi Laurie, you didn't happen to get up to Wachusett today did you?

Just wondering how things are after all the warm weather and rain?

teachski

Website
teachski.com
Got there Sunday Night. IT WAS AWESOME! They did a really great job making it skiable after the rain we had. I posted a report. :lol:

O

oldhippie

Cool!

Thanks! It made the news that there was an accident on the slopes between a ski patrol person and a boarder. Evidetnly the patroller went off the trail and into the woods and hit a tree while trying to avoid a boarder. The patroller has a concussion.

The news report didn't say who was uphill or downhill of whom or anything like that, I was kind of surprised this made the WBZ news at all. Have you heard of this incident?

teachski

Website
teachski.com
No, I haven't heard anything yet, but I am sure I will. If I find out any details I wil let you know in a PM.

The snowboarders were absolutley CRAZY there last night. One of the rangers (Safety Patrol) saw one run over the front of my skis and called ahead as he followed. He was waiting for us near the bottom and told me that he had pulled the kids pass and that they had pulled about 12 other boarders passes in the past 2 hours.

I'd imagine that this accident you speak of really heightened their awareness of the OUT OF CONTROL boarders.

It's really too bad. There are many boarders who are just fine, but then you get a few jerks who have no consideration for the rest of the people on the mountain and it kind of gives them all a bad name.