• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Favorite ski area this year?

Greg

Staff member
[Originally posted by Jack on 3-20-2001]:

With the 2001 ski season coming to an end, what was your favorite ski area this year? Why?

A

Anonymous

My favorite place last season was Loon. New Hampshire got a ton of snow last year and I had a blast each time I was there. I hope next season is as good.

snoseek

Nice bump!!!!!

Powder mountian because I had never given it the proper chance.

A-Basin is an absolute blast!

ScottySkis

In the west Alta and Snowbird two years ago since my last trip to long ago,in the east Sugarbush I haven't bEen to Sugarloaf since I was 8years old otherwise Sl might beat SB

mediamogul

Magic, which I discovered for the 1st time this year, because it is an all around amazing mountain. I could not believe the terrain for a mountain its size, though I think you'd be hard pressed to find terrain that compares MOST places in the east (never mind at mountains its size).

Also MRG. It blows my mind every time I ski it. My favorite all around mountain in the East. End of story.

elks

Burke Mountain. Because I can ski their fantastic glades all day and not see one other skier. It's like I own the place every time I go there... Why am I telling you this already? ;)

West coast, probably Snowbird. Diversity, diversity, diversity, and its unrelenting ass-kicking ability.

hammer

In UT: Deer Valley (and no it wasn't all groomed out)
Locally: Loon (good early opening, mid season visit on a less crowded day)

EOS

holy thread revival!!!!

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I didn't get to ski as much as I want this year, which is why I'm psyched about the summit and Sugarloaf. I spent most of my winter after work at Wachusett. Still a heap of fun, and the short drive is nice. (<40 minutes)

kcyanks1

I really dug Ajax(Aspen)

More than Highlands? It's been many years since I've been to any of the Aspen-area resorts, but my favorite was Highlands, and that was before they put in the deep Steeplechase lift and opened up the entire Highlands bowl (it was open through the Y-Zones the last time I was there).

Grassi21

Uhhhh Ski Sundown. Besides 1 day at Killington, I skied every day a Sundown. 3 powder days and one pow bumps night was the quality that won out over quantity this year.