• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Favorite ski area this year?

dmc

More than Highlands? It's been many years since I've been to any of the Aspen-area resorts, but my favorite was Highlands, and that was before they put in the deep Steeplechase lift and opened up the entire Highlands bowl (it was open through the Y-Zones the last time I was there).

In fairness - I rode Highlands one half a day.. Was up until 6am partying the night before so I was a hungover mess... :blink: But I had a blast there for sure.

At Ajax i was out with locals all day and just ripped it up... Basing my comments on experience more then terrain I guess..

I'll be back again for sure... It was a great trip.

mlkrgr

Well, I guess I timed my visits not as well as last year, but I did get 1 more day in (and I don't ski in April because of soccer), but my best day was technically an overcast day at Sunday River in terms of conditions. My day at Mount Snow was basically the same as well as Wachusett though. My 2 days at Wildcat and my day at Jay was technically groomed trail only days, but I kind of took the Wildcat trip with this understanding to just use up vouchers. And then I went to Loon too, and of course that was thin cover all over the mountain and there were two small bare spots that I had to ski over as well as many trails that were open were not covered to its fullest width. Could have played my cards a bit better, but that's life. At least I was smart enough to avoid a major wind hold day at Sunday River; though I could have had a good weekend at K and then I had a bus trip to Sunday River cancel out on me at the last minute. Could have gone to Sugarbush too for a good event, but the weather wasn't cooperating too well; I guess that one could have gone either way.

planb420

Ski Sundown for me..tons of POW days for the institution , and I spent 60+ days there this year :)

abc

Bretton Woods is the new addition to my "favorate list".

"Discovered" it last season, on a freebie. This year paid to ski it twice and one more come Sunday! Although it's a long way, it's a sure thing it will not be too crowded even on a holiday weekend. So I timed it for some of the busier Saturdays. ;)

There're other areas I like, and skied some others as much or more. But few have the consistant snow and quietness of the lift & slope.

Out west, I got quite a few powder days: Jackson, Canyons, Alpine Meadow and Mammoth. They all are my favorates but I doubt I'd be back any time soon. Of them, probably Mammoth was the my top favorate.

troy

Burke Mountain. Because I can ski their fantastic glades all day and not see one other skier. It's like I own the place every time I go there... Why am I telling you this already? ;)

West coast, probably Snowbird. Diversity, diversity, diversity, and its unrelenting ass-kicking ability.

Agree on both! Are you married? :razz:

skizilla

Blandford

Gotta go with an unusual one. BLANDFORD!!! With all the snow we got this year they were 100 % open plus. Lots of woods and glades and great coverage on steeper trails and the snow was in awesome shape. Closed a little early but with the recent rain around here what are you gonna do.

mriceyman

Gore was amazing new years weekend.. Basically 4 feet of fresh in the woods was killer.. Loved tahoe but cant pick between them so ill stay with gore

Sent from my iPhone

octopus

I had a really good time at stratton this year . I went there a couple years ago and wasn't impressed at all, but this year was different.:dontknow:

thetrailboss

Staff member
I skied at four places: Alta, Canyons, Deer Valley, and Snowbird. I had lots of fun at all...and to be honest any ski day is a good day.

Highlights: skiing the Daly Chutes and Bowl at Deer Valley and then picking up my book that was signed by Stein, skiing some pow at Alta on Christmas Week, many rides up the new Little Cloud Express at Snowbird, and tree skiing with Snowmonster at Canyons.

Last edited:

drjeff

18" of new and a Siberia Bowl at Vail that was more untracked than tracked with my wife and kids who were all crushing it on the last day of our vacation there this year! Blown away by Vail! Even on non powder days!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app