• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bolton Valley 1/7 (lots of pics)

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Date(s) Skied: Jan 7 2010

Resort or Ski Area: Bolton Valley

Conditions: 2"-3" fresh. Groomed & cold.

Trip Report: My first time at Bolton Valley, scored a $22 ticket off Liftopia. I can see why people love this place. No-frills lodge and a great mountain. The main quad needs to be upgraded to a high-speed lift though. Great views all over BV and I love how you can see the lake from some trails. It was pretty cold (I even used hand warmers) so I just took my time and took a few pit stops in the lodge. It seemed like the whole place is above the frost line, very cool. Oh yeah...off loading at the mid-station = way cool.

I stuck around to try some VT night skiing. I think this is more fun (or less cold) in PA, maybe because all the mountain is available (variety). I had a blast however. Some of the local jibhonks clued me into the mid-day grooming on Shermans, so we got some 3pm 1st tracks. Snow was so buttery soft and I just let them rip with out fear of any red-coats. On my next trip to Northern VT, I'll be sure to pick a day and get back here.

Anyway, enjoy the pics.

The lodge
IMG_0008.jpg

1st ride up
IMG_0013.jpg

1st run down
IMG_0020.jpg

Snowmaking
IMG_0024.jpg

It looks like a groomer made some unanticipated contact with some electrical lines, so the top part of Sherman's was closed all day.
IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

Here you can see the lake
IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

Mid-day groomer
IMG_0072.jpg

Local jibhonks
IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
i miss vermont

bolton is a pretty cool little locals mountain. soome really good tree skiing there. also, to this day, the gnarliest down hill mtn bike trails i've ever ridden were there.

nice photos... digging the evening shots with the snow flakes glowing

Warp Daddy

Nice Root !! Looks like your Road trip has been sensational so far

Always wondered about BV looks like its now ON THE LIST of to do's

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
The quad was just installed about three years ago. Don't look for that to be upgraded again any time soon!

Yeah, it looked new. I guess that helps keep the slopes uncrowded to some extent.

i miss vermont

bolton is a pretty cool little locals mountain. soome really good tree skiing there. also, to this day, the gnarliest down hill mtn bike trails i've ever ridden were there.

nice photos... digging the evening shots with the snow flakes glowing
Thanks, I couldn't really see what I was shooting, it was more just push the button and hope for the best.

Skier75

That looks awesome, I hope it still looks like that by the 22th. We're heading out there that weekend for my grandson's 1st birthday the day before, then skiing with my daughter, that Sun. She snowboards.....psyched!!!

BackLoafRiver

Great report! Love the pics. I am going to have to get back there when I am in Burlington in Feb. I had such a great time a few years ago with a buddy.

The night skiing looks rad too. I love how you can see the lights heading south on 89.

skidmarks

Nice pics! I was up on December 30th but we went touring. I plan on skiing Bolton when I have a chance.

J.Spin

Website
JandEproductions.com
The image below is one of my favorites from the set; I'm guessing Showtime under the Timberline Quad? It really looks like it's ready to deliver a great ride. It's nice to see you had a fun trip. The whole resort is incredibly white right now, I was out on Saturday making a tour of the mountain and put a few additional shots in my report. It's true that it takes a couple more minutes to get up with the standard speed lifts at Bolton vs. high-speed ones, but it does keep the traffic down and they fit in with the general low-key atmosphere of the resort. Fortunately, lift queues aren't common so the standard speed lifts aren't backing things up at that point.

IMG_0061.jpg