• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown 1-11

Greg

Staff member
I'd think best bet would be to build bumps by slipping, only using the shovel to reshape walls/dropoffs. Maybe chop some with the shovel to make the slipping more productive. Could we get some bamboo to mark where we're putting new bumps? That would probably help from a slipping/skiing in perspective.

I was thinking the same thing.

Good points. So maybe we try to chop up the overall surface first. My thinking was that in lieu of bamboo we simply build starter piles of snow. I could then continually add snow from the surrounding area as you guys ski it in. But if that doesn't work, I could probably get brushes from the race shack.

Be there at 7 pm.

Greg

Staff member
this reminds me of that one night we were skiing temptor a few years ago where you and I spent like 20 minutes digging with the shovels of our skis to work in like 3 bumps. It looked so good that i climbed up and went right at it.

remember the outcome of that adventure? It sounded like a shotgun blast and my ski flew about 30 feet in the air i believe.......

That one bump was a lot better though. :lol:

Trev

GL tonight on the bump work guys! I am not going to make it out.. I got the call from the children and they are like Kryptonite.

If I am free next time, I'll come shovel with ya, ski em, fall in em.. whatever :)

Enjoy, GL and thanks for the TM !!