• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett lately

Zand

Kinda got sick of writing daily Wachusett reports seeing as its the same thing everytime, but I'm bored, recovering from a wisdom tooth operation so I figured I'd update my last few days there.

Skied Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday last week. Bascially got there around noon every time, then left when the school groups started showing up. Never realized how many people were there during the day midweek. Often had to park in the way back. Even with all the cars liftlines were usually nonexistent at that point in the day.

Spent about 90% of my runs this year hitting the bumps on 10th, usually hitting the line all the way on skiers left. One of the best consistent lines I've ever seen at Wachusett. I've been skiing the same one since they put the bumps in 3 weeks ago. Otherwise, base depths are impressive, conditions have been good, the park is up (just the big features, no small ones yet), and they're in good shape.

I'm down for the week as far as sports go so no skiing this week. I'm hoping I'm well enough Sunday to get up there once more before I head back to school on Monday. Should be skiing daily at Burke starting next Tuesday, plus some weekend days at Sugarbush.

WJenness

Thanks for the update Zand... gotta get up there soon. I look at my unused bronze pass daily...

-w

Mildcat

It's not normally that crowded during the day midweek. I went last Tuesday around noon and skied for a couple hours too, I couldn't believe how many cars were in the lot. People were telling me it was a lot worse that Monday.

Shock

Was actually pretty dead Monday night. I too am recovering from Wisdom Teeth being pulled (get my stiches out soon.) The park is up as he said, it's fun. It's all groomed but it's been a lot of fun, especially around 8 or so at night when everyone clears out.

wa-loaf

It's not normally that crowded during the day midweek. I went last Tuesday around noon and skied for a couple hours too, I couldn't believe how many cars were in the lot. People were telling me it was a lot worse that Monday.

Things seem to be really different this year crowd wise.