• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Alpinezone, You Got Served over on Snow Journal:

bvibert

Staff member
I heard they're going to turn Gunny into one huge super pipe next week. They just need to blow a little more snow first.

midd

I get a kick out of the sundown threads/reports because they read like Homer as the food critic.

"This gets my lowest rating ever. Seven thumbs up!"

2knees

highpeaksdrifter;499731[/quote said:
I feel like I’d be a marked man there

speaking for myself, that couldnt be further from the truth.

mondeo

I stand corrected. Thanks.

Come try your luck on a world cup bump run. http://www.whiteface.com/events/freestyle/index.php
I'm actually considering it, before you even mentioned it. As much as a spectator as anything else, but I'd be sure to ski the course after they're done with it. I have done BMMC, which is WC pitch and kickers, just not length. Heck, Gunny might be the same pitch as the WC event in Finland this year, definitely was longer.

mondeo

I'm with 2knees on this one. It would be great if you came down HPD. We need some ANUS representation anyway. :beer:

you have not. you're almost always good sport.

You did however invent the CLITS moniker. ;)
If this weren't a family site, I'd bring in the Team America reference.

Also, no access to YouTube to do it properly at work.

2knees

As much as a spectator as anything else.

well, it sure as hell wouldnt be as a competitor unless you've been a) sandbagging like crazy and b) living a hidden life as a potential olympian! :lol:

tjf67

I'm actually considering it, before you even mentioned it. As much as a spectator as anything else, but I'd be sure to ski the course after they're done with it. I have done BMMC, which is WC pitch and kickers, just not length. Heck, Gunny might be the same pitch as the WC event in Finland this year, definitely was longer.

I am pretty certain there are rules on the pitch. I dont think Gunny could qualify. If BMMC is the bump event up here it is a joke. Just saying I am embarrased with the product supplied for that contest.

mondeo

I am pretty certain there are rules on the pitch. I dont think Gunny could qualify. If BMMC is the bump event up here it is a joke. Just saying I am embarrased with the product supplied for that contest.
There are rules, but from what I understand Finland had a rough start to the season snow-wise and just couldn't put together a conforming course.

Shock

So after reading this thread, I think I need to make a trip out to ski some moguls at Sundown one night. They actually do look fairly easy (a good place to start on them). I haven't tried the moguls on 10th at Wawa yet, how would they compare?

Sorry don't have any :flame: to add

mondeo

So after reading this thread, I think I need to make a trip out to ski some moguls at Sundown one night. They actually do look fairly easy (a good place to start on them). I haven't tried the moguls on 10th at Wawa yet, how would they compare?

Sorry don't have any :flame: to add
Fairly easy? Just because they're seeded doesn't make them easy. They actually ski in more like a natural bump run, and the steeps of the Temptor headwall aren't too shabby either. We're no wimps.

(But in all seriousness, the Temptor bumps can get a little tricky, tend to end up with a lot of wall bumps from skiers and snowboarders side slipping down the entire run, and being SNE tend towards the icy/hardpack side. Gunny bumps in March are a good place to learn, or the flatter, more regular bumps on Nor'Easter and Exhibition)

Madroch

I get a kick out of the sundown threads/reports because they read like Homer as the food critic.

"This gets my lowest rating ever. Seven thumbs up!"

LMFAO-- Best post (and true-for which I accept some minimal responsibility) in this whole semi-moronic thread-- a thread I read and posted in nonetheless....priceless