• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Alpinezone, You Got Served over on Snow Journal:

Highway Star

Gotta tell you I like Bob Switzgable's management of the area even though they pander way to much to the niche bump skier market.

Talking about bumps on that flat trail, gunstock or something:

Gorgeous day, completely empty. Speaks for itself. Just like Temptor last week on a similar day. Niche market completely overserved.

Did not do the pass this year. Have been there a couple of times on very cheap tickets, though.

Rode the gray chair recently with one of your cohorts who often posts on AZ. Just blown away at his lack of proficiency.

Oh snap, it's on!

http://www.snowjournal.com/page.php?cid=topic16061

Enjoy!

deadheadskier

Staff member
I think I'm the only bump skier at Ragged. I would love it if they catered to my 'niche' :lol:

mondeo

I think he rode with me. Which makes him a completely two-faced tool, the conversation on the chairlift was very polite. Especially seeing how he was judging my skiing ability based on flats drills, not railing groomers or actually skiing bumps.

Trev

Not to all jump into the defensive bandwagon but really... anyone with half a brain, ok, lets call it 1/15th(6%) of a brain can see that this guy is a moron.

6% of the hill is catering to a small niche. And truth be told is it really 'catoring' ? or is it more like trying to 'get it right' for that customer base ?? Now I don't know since this is my first year there.. but I mean.. more then just the AZers ski that trail.. see it every time I am there.

Not many businesses would succeed if they catered to 6% of their customers and let 94% go without any attention. Keeping in mind of course, catering does imply that the group is receiving more then the normal attention.

I wonder what the 'learn to ski' group at Sundown would think.. the discounts/packages/lessons etc..

I think the term for that is Gorilla Math.

This is probably the same type of person who would have cried tears when snowboarding was introduced or should I say, allowed on the whole mountain without a special pass or license and being restricted to one or two runs only. Ya, and listening to that nonsense would have gotten a resort .. like what.. shut down maybe ??

Brilliant!

HE DOESN'T LIKE BUMPS == NOBODY SHOULD LIKE THEM.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
She's not a mod...
But after things said to some of us - I'd expect better...
I self-moderated something I should not have typed. I suppose you never do this? I have never claimed to be perfect... The insistence upon harping on that little lapse, albeit brief, however, is unnecessary.

In other words....grow up.

2knees

dmc

I self-moderated something I should not have typed. I suppose you never do this? I have never claimed to be perfect... The insistence upon harping on that little lapse, albeit brief, however, is unnecessary.

In other words....grow up.

Wow... You should taste your own words... And live by them...
it makes all the crap you've slammed at me all BS now.. :)

-----------
btw... That bump run on the SnoreJournal looks sweet.... Is that sundown?

dmc

hey, take it somewhere else people, this thread could provide some real laughs, not the same tired bs you two always chime in with.

I call 'em like I see 'em... :)

Deflecting for Highway Star... haha..

2knees

come on man, this could be fun. we've got a million threads with you two sparring. lets try a new approach.

dmc

come on man, this could be fun. we've got a million threads with you two sparring. lets try a new approach.

I'm done...

Now I want to know.. is that trail on SnoreJournal from Sundown?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I'm done...

Now I want to know.. is that trail on SnoreJournal from Sundown?
Yes, Gunbarrell aka Gunny with spring bumps:
gunbarrel_4.JPG