• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Seeded Moguls @ Mount Snow & Terrain Parks

mtsnowfish

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
So just got the word from the man upstairs that only Hop a small natural on the main face will be the only trail not open this weekend due to just some nasty water bars.

Tomorrow new seeded bumps will be present on BearTrap and a new area here to see moguls - Roller Coaster (old Un Blanco Gulch Terrain Park for those who haven't been here in a while).

Over at Carinthia - 450' Superpipe & 200' Mini-Pipe with 10' walls now open.
Inferno - home of the Dew Tour Slopestyle course now open with a 7 features 76' Up Down Box Feature. Yeah big stuff.

Revolution Tour just finished up here which was awesome.

Chute on the Face will get a fresh groom tonight as well as Free Fall and Fallen Timbers. Mogul fiends hit up Plummet which got almost 3 straight days of snowmaking :fangun: earlier in the week and weather looks good for pounding the snot out of the snow.

Have a great weekend and stay thirsty my friends. Love that line.

drjeff

Thanks Greg! Can't wait to get in the car and head up in a couple of hours!

And, I think that you forgot to mention those bright colorfull things that will be exploding in the sky over the mountain tommorrow evening immediately after a bunch of instructors ski/board down the hill holding a couple of glorified road flares in their gloves/mittens! :)

And I do plan on staying quite thirsty this weekend :) :beer: :) :beer:

Greg

Staff member
So just got the word from the man upstairs that only Hop a small natural on the main face will be the only trail not open this weekend due to just some nasty water bars.

Tomorrow new seeded bumps will be present on BearTrap and a new area here to see moguls - Roller Coaster (old Un Blanco Gulch Terrain Park for those who haven't been here in a while).

IIRC, I think that Blancho Gulch trail was relatively flat. great bump learning area! And seeded bumps on Beartrap should be fun!

drjeff

IIRC, I think that Blancho Gulch trail was relatively flat. great bump learning area! And seeded bumps on Beartrap should be fun!

The bumps, atleast last weekend were pretty darned good on the upper headwall there, and the renaming of that trail this year as Rollercoaster is quite appropriate as it has lots of terrain in it. I'll make sure that the digicam is charged for tommorrow to get some pics, and who knows, if the lights of the cat(s) doing the seeding is in a visible location, maybe I'll break out the big lense for the DSLR tonight, and take about a 20 second exposure of the nighttime seeding process when I get there sometime around 10 tonight.

And Greg (AZ Greg here, not Mountsnowfish Greg), not to get your brain off bumps and back onto your non snow 2 wheel passion for a moment, but last year, roughly the 2nd 1/2 of the Mount Snow Mtb season, they put in a really fun mtb trail on Rollercoaster with a series of probably 12-15 nicely banked big S turns, a few bridge crossings and even a nice 4ish foot bridge drop on the lower 1/2 of Rollercoaster :) That trail just brings a high fun factor year round!

Greg

Staff member
The bumps, atleast last weekend were pretty darned good on the upper headwall there, and the renaming of that trail this year as Rollercoaster is quite appropriate as it has lots of terrain in it. I'll make sure that the digicam is charged for tommorrow to get some pics, and who knows, if the lights of the cat(s) doing the seeding is in a visible location, maybe I'll break out the big lense for the DSLR tonight, and take about a 20 second exposure of the nighttime seeding process when I get there sometime around 10 tonight.

Cool. That would be awesome. Seems like a lot of effort for a guy that loves to scoff at seeded bumps though. Perhaps Mount Snow's are special? ;) Seriously, it is appreciated.

And Greg (AZ Greg here, not Mountsnowfish Greg), not to get your brain off bumps and back onto your non snow 2 wheel passion for a moment, but last year, roughly the 2nd 1/2 of the Mount Snow Mtb season, they put in a really fun mtb trail on Rollercoaster with a series of probably 12-15 nicely banked big S turns, a few bridge crossings and even a nice 4ish foot bridge drop on the lower 1/2 of Rollercoaster :) That trail just brings a high fun factor year round!

MTB? What's that? :razz:

drjeff

Cool. That would be awesome. Seems like a lot of effort for a guy that loves to scoff at seeded bumps though. Perhaps Mount Snow's are special? ;) Seriously, it is appreciated.

Nope, just doing my best to digitally capture all the magestic glory of Mount Snow in an effort to suck upto the admins there and hopefully turn that into a ride in a groomer ;) :lol: Actually I'm looking forward to checking them out on Rollercoaster tommorrow with my daughter.

And since I arrived tonight around 10PM (it's just about midnight now), haven't seen too many lights from the cats in the rollercoaster area(granted from my place about 1/2 of the view of rollercoaster is obscured by trees). Heavy cat work though in the mini pipe area on Mineshaft and also on what looks to be Inferno (Inferno and The Gulch are really close together from my viewing angle)

The digicam battery is charging, looking forward to filling the card tommorrow and then fireworks and friends tommorrow night (okay and maybe a :beer: or two so that Vcunning and Glenn won't have to drink alone ;) )