• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1/24-1/25 storm

WJenness

So Winn, how's the second half of the week looking? NWS is forecasting a likely prob for snow in the hills on Thursday. Is this anything worth watching or just a dusting?

Hope it's worth watching...

Planning on Mt. Ellen on Thursday to take advantage of the $39 lift ticket...

-w

Glenn

Brutal here in CT. If this were only snow.....probably would have stayed up in VT last night and tonight!

psyflyer

The downpour has yet to start on Burke, although the winds are hauling like crazy the rain has been spotty and drizzle-like. Mt. closed today as the winds are heavy and given the radar we are bracing for impact. On the bright side, Burke's local meterologist saying we are getting some snow out of this for tomorrow, not sure about the accuracy but one can only hope. Hey Billski, thanks for your weather internet page, its very helpful to a meteoroligically challenge guy like me.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Pouring in the MRV now. It looks like we're just about to get the heaviest bands pass over the state.

I don't even want to look out the window. I'll just look at my FIS calendar. Hey, February is looking outstanding. Did you notice, there are two Valentine's days in February :-o

polski

Website
twitter.com
The only positive spin I can put on today is that within hours, a lot of the water falling from the sky will be back in the sky in it's frozen form as it's launched out of a snowgun! :fangun:

Along those lines, how about: "That's OK, Magic's snowmaking pond needed refilling anyway" ;-)

I'm pretty sanguine about this. Oh, it sucks, but personally I've had probably my best early season yet. And while this problem isn't trivial, at least it'll be short-lived.

dmc

Hunter is almost in flood stage... My basement is flooding.. Creek is lapping up to my yard...
Upper mountain closed.. Water pouring down Belt Parkway and Hellgate..

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
Hunter is almost in flood stage... My basement is flooding.. Creek is lapping up to my yard...
Upper mountain closed.. Water pouring down Belt Parkway and Hellgate..

Wow, that sucks. Nothing like that up here yet, although it's still raining pretty hard. I'm hoping the worst is behind us, but the radar makes it look like we still have several hours left.

dmc

Wow, that sucks. Nothing like that up here yet, although it's still raining pretty hard. I'm hoping the worst is behind us, but the radar makes it look like we still have several hours left.

I hope you guys are ok... It was crazy here for a while... The creek came up QUICK! Ice chunks flying... totally insane...

2knees

she just went swimming by my second floor office window......

loch-ness-monster2.jpg

cant remember the last time it rained this hard for this long.

snoseek

Oh man I used to get sooooo pissed when this kind of shit went down in the midwinter. I swore that was it-never again, it's a soul crushing experience. I am rooting for snow for you guys, it will come back, season has really just started

JD

Website
hotmail.com
definitely winding down for the last hour or so.....looks like one more pulse....so, when's the next dump coming?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Oh man I used to get sooooo pissed when this kind of shit went down in the midwinter. I swore that was it-never again, it's a soul crushing experience. I am rooting for snow for you guys, it will come back, season has really just started
Eh, it happens every year at least once and often times more than once. It will just take a foot of fresh and we'll be back at it!