• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1/24-1/25 storm

mlctvt

This one looks nasty, forecast is calling for 1-2 inches of NCP (r**n) even for southern VT! We've been waiting for a storm for weeks and this is what we get? Let's hope the back end "snow showers" Monday night through Wedsnesday helps repair the damage.

2knees

I think they're calling for rain throughout vermont.

two words you never want to hear.

Lake Cutter.

WinnChill

I could see just a little front-end snow Sunday evening before the changeover to rain (maybe from Killington north) but it doesn't matter at that point.

Next weekend looks better once that upper level trough sets in with the cold air already in place.

Glenn

This is crap! I was hoping it would be cool enough in Southern VT...guess not. At least the cold weather rolls in later next week. At least they can make whatever melts.

We could get 1-2" of rain in CT..and thunderstorms. Whoopie!

I hope February delivers.

4aprice

I could see just a little front-end snow Sunday evening before the changeover to rain (maybe from Killington north) but it doesn't matter at that point.

Next weekend looks better once that upper level trough sets in with the cold air already in place.

Winn:

Hopefully this is the climax of the halftime show. From what I've read its a pattern reload and most mets think February has the potential to produce. Seen it happen many times before.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

WinnChill

Well,you have two solid days of skiing before the slop moves in Sunday night (at least it's at night). Hopefully you can salvage Tues and Wed when it turns colder (maybe late Monday).

black

Think it will hold off rain till mid day sunday at mt snow? i have sunday tickets there...

as recently as yesterday forecasts for southeastern PA were calling for a mess of mixed precip for this morning's rush hour...rain, freezing rain, sleet and snow...i got caught behind a truck spraying brine solution last night in preparation for this mess

so i wake up this morning...not a drop of precip had fallen...roads dry...still nothing has come down all day...in fact the sun has been in and out all day...100 miles to the west in harrisburg it looks like it's been snowing all day

the moral: until it happens, you just don't know...hope for the best, prepare for the worst

WinnChill

Think it will hold off rain till mid day sunday at mt snow? i have sunday tickets there...

Here's the forecast I update for them...still looks like you get the whole day in before precip starts...maybe a little snow/mix starting up across southern VT for the last few runs but most holds off til dark.

Euler

Here's the forecast I update for them...still looks like you get the whole day in before precip starts...maybe a little snow/mix starting up across southern VT for the last few runs but most holds off til dark.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays decent through the day Sunday. There's really not too much base in SoVT right now so I'm frankly a bit worried about what 1-2 inches of rain's gonna do:angry::sad:

WJenness

This is a shame...

Maine is awesome right now.

Pics from Sugarloaf and Saddleback look fantastic. I skied SR today, and it was a damn near perfect day. Sunshine, High 20s, No wind, soft snow everywhere. Yesterday was apparently the same, as is the prediction for tomorrow, so I'm going to enjoy it while it's here.

-w

WinnChill

Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays decent through the day Sunday. There's really not too much base in SoVT right now so I'm frankly a bit worried about what 1-2 inches of rain's gonna do:angry::sad:

You should be in good shape. I'll keep the forecast updated through the weekend and I'll pop in here every now and then for a quick update as well. Have fun.

Cheers!

WinnChill

Root,

I know the forecasts are pretty thin in some areas as we don't have the staff yet for complete coverage. But considering a really cool trip with your bro, I will post an update here for you when I get the chance...either tonight or first thing tomorrow, cool?

WC

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Root,

I know the forecasts are pretty thin in some areas as we don't have the staff yet for complete coverage. But considering a really cool trip with your bro, I will post an update here for you when I get the chance...either tonight or first thing tomorrow, cool?

WC
Couldn't ask for more! :beer:

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
Get your skiing in this weekend. At least in the MRV, the conditions were absolutely fantastic today. I skied to the closing bell at SB and it was blue and clear and perfect temperatures.

Quite depressing to think that in 48 hours it's all going to turn to the slop, but for now, it was great.