• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

N-Vermont Feb 9-?????

mondeo

You guys end up at K on Saturday, I'll see you there. If not, I might take a break from K.
Scratch that, if you're at K, I'll miss you, if not, I'll probably make it. But if you're at Killington Friday night, hit the Pickle.

Forgot it's a blackout weekend.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
so you comin up for an overnight dave???

SkiJan14th2006035.jpg

double :lol:

on another note, i dont know what its called now but the old Mad River Tavern is right down the road.

Ha! Working on it.....

Greg

Staff member
"I love shots. They are my favorite thing."

madskier6

So what's the decision on which day to hit MRG: Thursday? I was hoping that Wednesday's storm would yield a powder day at MRG on Thursday but the storm may not hit north enough to blanket MRG.

I thought I read that Powbmps is in for Thursday. Thursday at MRG works best for me.

2knees

Just talked to powbmps at lunch. thursday was looking good for him. I do want to throw out there that stowe might be a better option for those considering joining us for one day. they have gotten far more snow recently and if you take exit 9 (i think thats the number) for MRG, its essentially equi distant off the ramp to stowe, you just go north instead of south.

anyway, Dave, Jeff, chris and brian, are you guys all coming up thursday and is MRG the only place you guys want to go? Let us know so we can plan our wednesday accordingly.

Trev

anyway, Dave, Jeff, chris and brian, are you guys all coming up thursday and is MRG the only place you guys want to go? Let us know so we can plan our wednesday accordingly.

I am also trying to get out for a Thursday rip. Was thinking about driving up Wednesday evening.. crashing and catching up with you all on Thursday am.. where the hell ever your skiing !!

Maybe staying over for a Friday run as well.

I would be taking off from Meriden CT.. early evening on Wednesday or very early Thursday.. jeep has room for 3 + gear.. maybe a 4th..

Holler at me if you need/want/interested in car pooling.

NOTE: I have a place to stay up there at exit 8 off 89...

madskier6

Spoke to 2knees last night & this morning. Looks like we're hitting MRG on Thursday. I'll be there & it looks like powbmps & friend will meet us there Thurs morning. Anyone else who wants to meet, we'll be skiing off the Single.

Unfortunately, Steveo had to leave due to the passing of his father. Condolences go out to powhunter!

PM me if your interested in meeting us for some runs. Hopefully, there will be some wrap around snow of some sort so there will be a few inches of fresh pow.

Greg

Staff member
Spoke to 2knees last night & this morning. Looks like we're hitting MRG on Thursday. I'll be there & it looks like powbmps & friend will meet us there Thurs morning. Anyone else who wants to meet, we'll be skiing off the Single.

Unfortunately, Steveo had to leave due to the passing of his father. Condolences go out to powhunter!

PM me if your interested in meeting us for some runs. Hopefully, there will be some wrap around snow of some sort so there will be a few inches of fresh pow.

Terrible news. Thoughts and prayers are with you Steveo.

Oh man! That sucks. So sorry for your loss, Steve-O!

powbmps

Sh*t Steve, sorry to hear that. Condolences for sure.

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Steve-o - thoughts and prayers are with you.

In regards to skiing in the MRV - just want to give the bump lovers a fair warning: as of Friday, bumps at MRG were not good. I'm not sure what was up, but the typical good bump trails (Catamount, Chute, Fall Line, Canyon) were pretty rough. Hardly any lines at all, and definitely scratchy underneath. Hopefully it has improved over the past few days, but just wanted to give you the heads-up. Let me know how it is. I'll be ripping the bumps at Ellen. Can't drag me away from perfect lines and soft snow! :D