• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Whistler Blackcomb breaks 25 year old record

loafer89

If I recall correctly, last season was the worst in 25 years in terms of lack of snow, what a turn around.

It's better than our year of the winter that wasn't :angry:

loafer89

I just checked, last season was the worst in 30 years and the resort broke a single season snowmaking water usage of 180 million gallons of water.

Nice turn for them.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
For the mathematically challenged, that's an average of 5.85 inches per day.

Reliculous. Someone fly me out there right now, damnit.

NYDrew

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhh.

Stop posting things like that, im starting to get pissed at us setting our own records:

Warmest January on Record, why do the canadiens get all the snow.

GadgetRick

Website
www.rickandedith.com
I went there about 5 years ago. They were having a rough year (in their eyes) still great skiing by a NEer's standards. Been trying to get back there since.

Was planning my last hurrah for this year before the baby comes at the end of Feb. I had planned on going back to Tahoe since I love it there and they're getting another crazy snowfall year (last year they broke records and it was AWESOME there). Anyway, for the hell of it I checked on going to Whistler/Blackcomb instead but couldn't justify the difference in price. It's dirt cheap to go to Tahoe.

After reading this post maybe I should have just bit the bullet and spent the extra $$$.

Oh well, I'm still excited about heading to Tahoe again.

tekweezle

wow.....i went their last year in late january and it was pretty mediocre. had to download on the gondola at the end of the day to save my skis from getting eaten up by the exposed rocks.

seems like when the skiing is poor here in the NE, it's dumping out west. CO is having one of their best snow years too.

funny thing is someone I know went out to Utah around this past Thanksgiving and said it was terrible. yet here in the NE, we probably had the most early season snow ever. now it;s reversed.

JimG.

Staff member
tekweezle said:
Thanksgiving and said it was terrible. yet here in the NE, we probably had the most early season snow ever. now it;s reversed.

That damned early season dump has been nothing but a tease and a curse :angry: !

Mark D

thats good news for me the glicer will be nice for my seson up their on the 22-29th of june huray for Camp Of Champions!

awf170

Mark DiGiovanni said:
thats good news for me the glicer will be nice for my seson up their on the 22-29th of june huray for Camp Of Champions!

Shouldn't you be in summer school that week re-taking 5th grade english?

Mark D

no. i'm passing 1st grade englsih just fine dumie. :flag: and besides summer school doesn't start until i get back from coc. :roll: