• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown, Bump or Bust IV - 1/30

Greg

Staff member
:( I don't know if that's because I changed the permissions/licensing last night after posting them, but they're publicly viewable at the link Greg posted below. I can still see them, but maybe it's because they're in my cache. Is anyone else having a problem?

I can see them too, but I was thinking cache maybe. although it did take a second for them to load like they were re-downloading.

2knees

So, anyways, good time once again. Props to the park crew, though not mogul skiers were plenty willing to try, and listened to try to learn what we were looking for. Good finally meeting BMM. Congrats MQ, and mini MQ. And I'll always have a 2knees-shaped pole to remember this comp by...

I'll get you someday, punk.

yes, you will. i havent seen any footage of our duel but most people said it was basically a coin toss.

all bs aside, i know you were pissed (about 10 people told me that) but remember, this is for fun. you're half my age with many years ahead of you. in 2 years, i'll still be the same hack i am today and you'll be killing us all.

MogulQueen

Carrie, thanks for standing in the cold to get some GREAT shots. I hope you have thawed out by now.

Pat, the video is awesome. Thanks for taking the time to do that while you were racing. I'm sure it wasn't the easy.

Side note: Thanks to Dottie for putting together a great event. The prizes you and put together for this race were amazing!!!!!!!! I hope this will be some incentive for more people(men, women, and kids) to come out and compete!

2knees

wish i got tuckers second run but the batteries kept freezing up on me.

he looked great.

powhunter

Carrie, thanks for standing in the cold to get some GREAT shots. I hope you have thawed out by now.

Pat, the video is awesome. Thanks for taking the time to do that while you were racing. I'm sure it wasn't the easy.

Side note: Thanks to Dottie for putting together a great event. The prizes you and put together for this race were amazing!!!!!!!! I hope this will be some incentive for more people(men, women, and kids) to come out and compete!

Congrats MQ!! How were the lines??? Looked a little funky..Any speculation on how they will be today??

steveo

Greg

Staff member
I can see them too, but I was thinking cache maybe. although it did take a second for them to load like they were re-downloading.

Cleared my cache and confirmed it. They no longer load. Must be a permissions thing.

yes, you will. i havent seen any footage of our duel but most people said it was basically a coin toss.

all bs aside, i know you were pissed (about 10 people told me that) but remember, this is for fun. you're half my age with many years ahead of you. in 2 years, i'll still be the same hack i am today and you'll be killing us all.

Yep. I hope this doesn't make his head explode, but mondy is looking solid. Stick airs consistently like your qualifier and quiet down that upper body, and you'll be right up there. But most importantly, chill out and remember, this is just for fun. Learning to adopt a little bit of humility will probably go a long way. Telling you this as a bro, not to be a dick.

Totally. The whole Sundown team pulled together to hold a great event. remember, it was only last Monday that the mountain saw 2" of rain and 60 degree temps.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Looks like when I changed permissions, it changed the locations for all the photos. Working on fixing them. Means all quoted photos will be off though.

MogulQueen

wish i got tuckers second run but the batteries kept freezing up on me.

he looked great.

No worries. He's been riding on cloud 9 since that run. Sometimes its better to remember the run as opposed to seeing yourself. When I ski it, I think I'm ripping it. When I look at it I think, holy s#*t that's what I look like?.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
All set! Sorry about that, guys. Didn't realize changing the permissions would change the photo paths. They should all work now. The slideshow has a total of 57 photos, IIRC, so more than what's in this thread.

Thanks for letting me practice on all of you! :D

Warp Daddy

Great action shots Carrie they really capture the moment !!

GREAT skiing u guys -- put me to shame -- I ALMOST feel dirty being a speed freak on the groomed :D:D. But at my age not sure the back can handle all that jumping and dumpers and backscrartcers , iron crosses and daffys -- my lsorryass attempts air looks more like a geriatric liftoff with a 500 lb weight attached --LMAO

powbmps

But most importantly, chill out and remember, this is just for fun. Learning to adopt a little bit of humility will probably go a long way. Telling you this as a bro, not to be a dick.QUOTE]

You guys need to lighten up. Here's a picture I snapped of the finish area....

2215796934_149dc5789f.jpg

Ugly stuff.

2knees

But most importantly, chill out and remember, this is just for fun. Learning to adopt a little bit of humility will probably go a long way. Telling you this as a bro, not to be a dick.QUOTE]

Ugly stuff.

well, that's not as far from the truth as you might suspect. mondy and i had quite a collision after our duel. he took a swing at me so i kicked him in the nuts.

wa-loaf

Ugly stuff.

I didn't know there was XC category for the bumps. :razz:

Grassi21

Ugly stuff.

You joke. 2knees tackled mondeo at the finish line. Bent his pole and the whole 9.

WJenness

Sev, great pics! Thanks for fixing them (and even more for taking them). Looks like you guys had a great time.

-w

mondeo

Yep. I hope this doesn't make his head explode, but mondy is looking solid. Stick airs consistently like your qualifier and quiet down that upper body, and you'll be right up there. But most importantly, chill out and remember, this is just for fun. Learning to adopt a little bit of humility will probably go a long way. Telling you this as a bro, not to be a dick.
Yeah, competition can bring out the worst in me. Always been super competitive in everything, no matter the stakes.

For the record, it's not that I thought I skied better than Pat, it's that I thought turns didn't matter as long as you won speed and air. Typical 50% turns, 25% air, 25% speed judging, Pat's still the guy to beat, no doubt.

But, I'm off to have lunch. For dessert:

humble-pie.gif

Greg

Staff member
Yeah, competition can bring out the worst in me. Always been super competitive in everything, no matter the stakes.

For the record, it's not that I thought I skied better than Pat, it's that I thought turns didn't matter as long as you won speed and air. Typical 50% turns, 25% air, 25% speed judging, Pat's still the guy to beat, no doubt.

But, I'm off to have lunch. For dessert:

humble-pie.gif

I think the judges scored fairly yesterday and obviously turns were the biggest part, evidenced by BMM's win, who without question had the best turns. I couldn't totally see your duel, but I think you guys were pretty much to the bottom more or less together. The skier's right line is always the slower line too so I would say speed was about equal. You got air for the double attempt. I couldn't see the turns either of you made at the botom, but obviously, the judges thought 2knee's were better.

You're far better than me, but my suggestion to you would be to slow it down a little bit. Sometimes you need to slow down to go fast. Smooth out your skiing and stick those nice airs you got and you'll be fine. Also, be glad you've got 25+ years of mogul skiing ahead of you, unlike the 10-15 the rest of us have.

Enjoy the humble pie, and again I wasn't trying to be cruel, but rather just give you something to think about.