• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown, Bump or Bust IV - 1/30

Greg

Staff member
Brackets

brackets.png

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I'm just glad you guys ate all of them so I wouldn't have any temptation to bring home with me. :D Glad you liked them!

And congrats, BMM, on the win! Nice skiing today!!

MR. evil

Did Brian make it home?

Right now I am wishing I stopped drinking once I left SD. The additional beers once I got home
were a bad idea.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Did Brian make it home?

Right now I am wishing I stopped drinking once I left SD. The additional beers once I got home
were a bad idea.
Yeah. He's asleep already. :lol: I decided to have another once I got home and the kids were in bed but it just wasn't the same...

powbmps

There are some nice photos in there. Gotta love the close-ups.

Nicely done, all around :beer:.

(Now how about some video?)

Greg

Staff member
One of these days, I'm going to learn how to jump. I swear. :lol: It's a good thing my turns were working, otherwise I'd have had no chance! Felt bad about Sisson's mystery ejection mid-air. Not sure what happened. I think it would have been real close... his airs definitely beat my dumper spread that I threw about 35 times today :lol:

I had a great time today. Thanks to all for the congrats and kind words.

Great meeting everyone! Had some great lift conversations, and had lots of fun ripping Sundown. I'm looking forward to coming back, and will definitely try to make the spring comp.

Also have to add that Chris Sullivan is a fantastic human being, and runs a great ski hill. Fun to talk to, knowledgeable, and just an all-around good guy. And Jarrod's awesome as well. Cool place, great atmosphere. A lot of small/medium ski areas could learn from the Sundown operations model. I saw a lot of happy people skiing at Sundown, and a ton of kids/families lovin' the low-angle freshly seeded bumps. Great stuff.

Looking forward to the video... hope my dumper spread looks a little better in motion than in still :wink:

Glad you made it back to "Mogul Heaven" safely, Patrick. Thank you for coming all the way down here. It meant a lot to all of us at Sundown that you did that. And yes, Chris, Jarrod, Bob and the rest of the Sundown team do indeed "get it". Support from guys like you in the form of traveling 3 or 4 hours south is very helpful to our quest to put mogul skiing back on the map. I really enjoyed our lift conversations....just like chatting with an old friend. It was cool that you got to see a freshly seeded Exhibition too. I hope you can make the S7 event on March 20. Thanks again and congratulations. Awesome skiing today.

Greg

Staff member
Did Brian make it home?

were a bad idea.

Enjoy tomorrow. I've been chugging water,

MR. evil

Enjoy tomorrow. I've been chugging water,

I already feel like ass, tomorrow morning is going to be ugly! I started chugging water a little while ago, but there is soo
much liquid sloshing around in my gut it's very hard to drink anymore.

Greg

Staff member
be my guest. wish i had more of bmm and one of gregs but its tough to try to compete and video.

Blech. Nobody's missing anything by not seeing my atrocious runs. I just couldn't get it together yesterday. The kickers were really playing with my head. At least the 4th seed didn't totally smoke me on speed so that's good.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
sev,

All your pictures come up as "This Photo Is Currently Unavailable." :-(

-w

wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:spread:
:( I don't know if that's because I changed the permissions/licensing last night after posting them, but they're publicly viewable at the link Greg posted below. I can still see them, but maybe it's because they're in my cache. Is anyone else having a problem?

Carrie - all your pics are really great. Here's a slideshow:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carrievibert/sets/72157623316409894/show/

Hope you don't mind I posted that on Sundown's Facebook page.
No problem!