• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown Bump or Bust V - 3/20/10

Greg

Staff member

Greg

Staff member
Oh, BTW, it's Hannah, not Heather. :lol:

Madroch

Figure I'm a lock to win with the new training regimen.. no skiing, no gym, tons o'fast food and no time outdoors during daylight hours. Look out, over 40 bunch, new king of the hill is here...can we shorten the course to the top section of 10 turns or so with no kickers?

2knees

Figure I'm a lock to win with the new training regimen.. no skiing, no gym, tons o'fast food and no time outdoors during daylight hours. Look out, over 40 bunch, new king of the hill is here...can we shorten the course to the top section of 10 turns or so with no kickers?

you were killing it today. very impressive.

MogulQueen

Just got back from Killington. The word on the "street" is that everyone is coming. There will be some REALLY good lady rippers to watch. 2Knees, you still on board with the "plan"? :wink: A lot of people are looking forward to it. People were asking me if there is a pre registration because they are coming so far to attend this event. Jarrod, is there a cut-off number? How many racers do you think you can handle for the day?

MR. evil

Based on the way things are set up right now, the course is going to be LONG. I would estimate that the first jump is around where we started from last year. Who ever wins this things is going to need some legs of steel.

bvibert

Staff member
Yes, the course looks to be longer than last year, but it will utilize the steepest part of the trail this year at least. It's not going to run all the way to the bottom either.

Greg

Staff member
Based on the way things are set up right now, the course is going to be LONG. I would estimate that the first jump is around where we started from last year. Who ever wins this things is going to need some legs of steel.

I LIKE it. Part skill, part endurance. I skied Gunny yesterday top to bottom from above where I'd imagine the start will be. Wasn't easy, but it's pretty doable, unlike last year with all those small tight bumps. They really wore you out. The key to doing well this year is going to be clean skiing and holding on for a thousand linear feet of moguls.

bvibert

Staff member
I LIKE it. Part skill, part endurance. I skied Gunny yesterday top to bottom from above where I'd imagine the start will be. Wasn't easy, but it's pretty doable, unlike last year with all those small tight bumps. They really wore you out. The key to doing well this year is going to be clean skiing and holding on for a thousand linear feet of moguls.

I should have mentioned above that I like the longer course as well. But then again I don't plan on having to ski it more than once during the comp. ;)

Greg

Staff member
Okay, time for an update roll call. Here's the current state of the course:

P1020569.JPG

As I understand it the comp will start about 10 turns up from that upper jump. It's moderately steep in there with many wall bumps. The first airs are shaping up to be monsters. Then a long string of great bumps - moderate pitch to flat. Then into a slightly smaller bottom air. If you make it that far upright, you got a nice string of lower moguls to the finish - moderately pitched to flat. Who here from AZ is man/woman enough? I'll start the list based on who I know is doing it. Copy/paste in your post and add your name:

Greg
2knees
bvibert
MogulQueen
MR. evil