• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bellayre 02/03/100

ZYDECORICH

02/03/10
Belleayre, Highmount ny
Packed powder, with new 3 on top

Wife and i blew off work and took the kids out of school for a day of fun on the slopes. Conditions were good. Nice pack with no ice and 3 of new cover. No one there. Very light crowd. No lines.I decided to do this since Bellayre runs a 20 buck lift ticket on Wed. 80 bucks for a family of four is a no brainer. took the kids and wife on the easy stuff first. they have a great beginners area there...long for beginners and just the right pitch so they don't freakout . my little one had a blast. after 4 warmup runs i took them up top and did Roaring Brook and Onondaga a bunch of times as well as the other intermediate trails that run off those two. All trails had good snow. lunch. Went back out and did the other side intermediate sections of Algonquin, Esopus, Peekamoose, Pepacton, and Seneca. some of these were a little more bumpy and that wore out the kids... took themover to Deer run which was more there speed and after two more of those they were done. after they went back to the lodge for the fire i went and checked out Wanztuska, Mohawk, Onteora,and a few other big indian names that were rather well bumped up and in good shape. overall a great day...hey for 20 bucks a head...you can't beat it.

zinger3000

Sounds like you had a great day. Belleayre is where I learned to ski, and is still one of my favorite mountains. I usually make it out there once a year, once the late-season rates kick in. The snow is usually still good late-season, and while they do manage to draw a decent crowd on the weekends late-season, it's only a short wait or no wait for the lifts. I usually hit the runs in the same order that you did. I agree - great beginner area. Deer run is my favorite trail there - not particularly difficult, but a fun trail for me to ski. I also like the Dot Nebel trail - from the midstation of Tomahawk down to the bottom.

ZYDECORICH

Sounds like you had a great day. Belleayre is where I learned to ski, and is still one of my favorite mountains. I usually make it out there once a year, once the late-season rates kick in. The snow is usually still good late-season, and while they do manage to draw a decent crowd on the weekends late-season, it's only a short wait or no wait for the lifts. I usually hit the runs in the same order that you did. I agree - great beginner area. Deer run is my favorite trail there - not particularly difficult, but a fun trail for me to ski. I also like the Dot Nebel trail - from the midstation of Tomahawk down to the bottom.

yeah, it was a fun day. i forgot to mention dot nebel, one of my favs also. i like when they still have the gates up from racing... i can relive my youth.