• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Need HELP with Flight Changes to Jackson Hole

catskills

Ok AZ help me out here. I am scheduled to fly out of Newark NJ Saturday 1:30pm with connecting flight to Cincinnati, OH, another connecting flight Salt Lake City and then onto Jackson, Wy. My buddy set these flights up. :blink:

Do I change flights ASAP?

Do I give up on trying to fly out on Saturday out of Newark and change to fly out of Newark on Sunday?

Currently there are lots of options and open seats. That could change fast.

They are calling for 2 inches of snow in Newark, NJ

What to do ????????????

You seasoned travelers out there, help me out.

4aprice

I don't think Newark will be too bad on Saturday. They're prepared for a lot more then 2-inches, wind may be more of an issue. I would look for delays because there usually delays there on bright sunny days but not a cancellation.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

dmc

Call the airline... Even if EWR is good - delays will be vast because of other airports having issues...

Dr Skimeister

Wow...might be more connections than essential to get to your destination.

I assume you're on Delta if you're connecting through CIN and SLC. Delta has many non-stops EWR to SLC. Might inquire about that change to take one connection/variable out of play

dmc

Wow...might be more connections than essential to get to your destination.

I assume you're on Delta if you're connecting through CIN and SLC. Delta has many non-stops EWR to SLC. Might inquire about that change to take one connection/variable out of play

Or consider rerouting through Stewart>Atl>JH

dmc

Definitely!!!! If you can get out of SWF, life is soooooo much easier.

yup... SWF is easy... Only thing is.. Smaller planes... BUT - to ATL they fly 737s
So shouldn't be an issue for luggage...

catskills

I agree SWF would be so much easier. SWF is significantly more expensive than EWR.

I don't ever schedule 3 hop flights. Since someone else picked these flights I went along.

Today and yesterday all flights went off on time.

For now we are sticking with what we got. Ah, how bad could it be as we tend to say a lot in JH. You got to think positive.

The good news about JH is they got another 6 inches of snow up high and its snowing pretty good right now.

Dr Skimeister

I agree SWF would be so much easier. SWF is significantly more expensive than EWR.

I don't ever schedule 3 hop flights. Since someone else picked these flights I went along.

Today and yesterday all flights went off on time.

For now we are sticking with what we got. Ah, how bad could it be as we tend to say a lot in JH. You got to think positive.

The good news about JH is they got another 6 inches of snow up high and its snowing pretty good right now.

Have a great trip!

AdironRider

While Im out for the season with an achilles tear, the mountain has been skiing well so Im told. It got real warm yesterday though. Keep watching the avi line for the best conditions report. jhavalanche.org.

That being said, 3 hops really arent that uncommon to get into Jackson. Living here Ive accepted that its a full day affair from pretty much anywhere but Denver and Salt Lake directly. Given the airports you did choose, it might be worth switching to a flight directly to Salt Lake or Dallas. Salt Lake is your best option as you can always bail and take the Alltrans shuttle. 4.5-6 hours opposed to a 1 hour flight, but you can get in almost always this way. Flights from Salt Lake usually do alright in the first place. Dallas is another good option as its usually pretty good weather and runs pretty well in my experience. Of course it doesnt matter what airport you fly through if you cant get down here in Jackson, but were pretty well versed in this type of thing.

The other logical option is Denver, but you lose reasonable bus access there.

No matter what happens, you know its worth it.