• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bad customer service!!!!! Avoid burger king!

deadheadskier

Staff member
So, I forgot my lunch today and figured I'd go to Burger King as I haven't had a greasy burger in a while. I was very much looking forward to having my Whopper, my Way.....hold the pickle, hold the lettuce.

Well, as I sit down to enjoy my coronary inducing bit of heaven, I open the flip up Burger box and my Burger had BOTH Lettuce and Pickle on it!!!!!!! :mad:

I go up to the counter and politely explain that I'm a loyal BK customer because I like how they will prepare my Burger my way and that I was disappointed to find Lettuce and Pickle on my burger. Their response? "Sir, can't you just pick the lettuce and pickle off of it." Sure, I absolutely could, but darn it, you tell your customers that they can have it 'your way', even wrote a freakin' song about it!!!! "Sir, you're being unreasonable, we're sorry for our mistake, but you clearly can remove the pickle and lettuce." I left the burger on the counter and walked out.

I will not be going back and I encourage others to avoid Burger King as well!!

/rant

jrmagic

So, I forgot my lunch today and figured I'd go to Burger King as I haven't had a greasy burger in a while. I was very much looking forward to having my Whopper, my Way.....hold the pickle, hold the lettuce.

Well, as I sit down to enjoy my coronary inducing bit of heaven, I open the flip up Burger box and my Burger had BOTH Lettuce and Pickle on it!!!!!!! :mad:

I go up to the counter and politely explain that I'm a loyal BK customer because I like how they will prepare my Burger my way and that I was disappointed to find Lettuce and Pickle on my burger. Their response? "Sir, can't you just pick the lettuce and pickle off of it." Sure, I absolutely could, but darn it, you tell your customers that they can have it 'your way', even wrote a freakin' song about it!!!! "Sir, you're being unreasonable, we're sorry for our mistake, but you clearly can remove the pickle and lettuce." I left the burger on the counter and walked out.

/rant

Hmmm 2 bad CR threads in the same day:roll: :wink:

I havent been there in years but your right they did make the song. That reminds me of the scene in Fast Times at Ridgement high when the customer tells Judge Reinhold working the counter that he isnt 100% satisfied with his burger until finally Judge tells him he is gonna kick 100% of his azz LMAO

Greg

Staff member
You shoulda went to Wendy's and got a double Baconator. That was your first mistake.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
DHS has the right idea though. When you eat at fast food joints, you gotta take a routine menu item and make it as obscure as possible. This way they make you a fresh burger (or whatever) instead of giving you one that's been sitting under the heat lamps.

Greg

Staff member
DHS has the right idea though. When you eat at fast food joints, you gotta take a routine menu item and make it as obscure as possible. This way they make you a fresh burger (or whatever) instead of giving you one that's been sitting under the heat lamps.

I think the heat lamps help the wonderful flavors meld together better.

Glenn

Contacting them now - to see if they'll post and give their side of the story...

:lol:

legalskier

Have you considered contacting the Consumer Protection and Antitrust Bureau of the N.H.D.O.J? :flag: Sounds like this would be right up their alley:

The Consumer Protection and Antitrust Bureau acts to protect consumers from unfair or deceptive trade practices in New Hampshire. When a business does not provide services or products, misrepresents its services or products, or does not provide quality services or products, the Consumer Protection and Antitrust Bureau may question the business practices and seek appropriate measures to remedy the situation on behalf of the State of New Hampshire.
http://doj.nh.gov/consumer/index.html

Of course, they might ask to see the "evidence," and unfortunately, you left it back on the counter in a huff. :roll:

bvibert

Staff member
Did they try to charge you extra for the pickles once they realized their error?

gmcunni

Did you at least grab a couple crowns on your way out?

that king dude with the big head in the TV commercials freaks me out a bit....

burger-king-200x225.jpg

Greg

Staff member
Did you at least grab a couple crowns on your way out?

I went to BK once and they were out of effin' crowns. I swore them off forever after that.