• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2/10 Storm Discussion Thread

wa-loaf

Fox 25 weather guy is making it sound like it might be sliding south now.

ZYDECORICH

10 o clock local ny news is calling for a legit 13 -18 for most of the metro ny area. they say the big totals will come when the low explodes off the coast of jersey and the cold air wraps in on the back side and the big heavy bands will make some areas really get pounded. those bands are the key to the killer accumulation. most schools already closing... mass transit and airports anticipating making major cutbacks... business starting to tell workers to not come in...local authorities telling people not to drive.. shut the machine down!!! everybody enjoy their lives and families for a day in this insane world...i fuckin love it.

gladerider

light accumulating snow here in northern nj. souther jersey reporting 2-3 inches of snow already. most of nyc and nj schools are all closed tomorrow. some meteos are calling this storm to hit up north as far as SVT. we will see

Greg

Staff member
Just a dusting and light snow, but it's picking up. 27*F

wa-loaf

There's a big 16 on top of Dr Jeffs house in the NECN map. I'm right on the edge of the 4-8/6-10 line.

drjeff

There's a big 16 on top of Dr Jeffs house in the NECN map. I'm right on the edge of the 4-8/6-10 line.

BRING IT!!!!

First flakes have started! Going to let the snow pile up all day and then break out the snowblower this evening after the kids goto bed :)

Euler

Forecasters said snow wouldn't really start here in SoVT until noon, but it began a smidge after 8 and its coming down pretty good at this point. COME ON SNOW!!

SteveInCT

According to the radar map, the first heavy "ribbon" should be hitting me in the next twenty minutes and will last about an hour. It should get to The Institution around 11:15 or so... I will let you know what we get from it.

WJenness

Radar shows lots of blue here in North Andover, MA, but nothing coming down yet... Just the virga moistening up the atmosphere...

-w