• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who is hotter? Lindsey Vonn or Julia Mancuso?

Who is hotter? Lindsey Vonn or Julia Mancuso?

• Lindsey Vonn

Votes: 77 40.5%
  • Julia Mancuso

Votes: 113 59.5%

• Total voters

dmc

keerectamundo !!!!!!!!!!!!! Old eastern philosophy cites that sometimes the BEST decision is NOT to decide and to do BOTH proper justice. :wink:

I have to tear myself out of my normal Eastern Philosophy to engage with the AZ'ers and the whole this or that thing..

dmc

Sorry i messed up my whole line of smiles ------------- yup musta been karma

My concept of endless source of good days pisses some off...
I don't believe that anything is finite when it comes to good times... If I miss a POW day - I don't get pissed.. Cause there's going to be another one..

The number of good times is not finite..

Mapnut

Wow, instant transition from shallow to deep! (I think!):lol:

Hoping for the same for the mountains!

deadheadskier

Staff member
My concept of endless source of good days pisses some off...
I don't believe that anything is finite when it comes to good times... If I miss a POW day - I don't get pissed.. Cause there's going to be another one..

The number of good times is not finite..

I mostly feel the same way.

Only time I get pissed for missing a POW day or a good show is if it was perfectly within my control to go and laziness held me back.

SIKSKIER

I must say that I've soured on Lindsey during the Olympics.She has come off to me as a whiney princess.I can't put a finger on it but every time I hear her interviewed I like her less.Sure looked like some tension yesterday between the two.

drjeff

Can't let this one die - Julia was robbed yesterday, right? That race should not have even started. They both were robbed. Stupid Olympic officials....

And the media drama between them - manufactured by NBC to keep ratings up...

http://www.facebook.com/JuliaMancusoUSA

Lindsey has not posted since her broken-pinkie crash

http://www.facebook.com/LindseyVonnUSA

Yup, Julia got a situational screw job there yesterday, but sometimes, that's just the reality of ski racing. So many factors aligned just right(or wrong) to make it happen. A bib draw right behind Lindsey, Lindsey's crash real close to the bottom of the course, a bazzillion entrants in the race, thus necessitating the 1 minute intervals, etc, etc, etc

In the big scheme of things, the way Julia's run looked to be going (whenever we could see her through the fog), I'm guessing that the rerun between added fatigue, deteriorated course conditions, and just the mental stress of having to get psyched back up and apparently just getting back up to the start house, probably cost her a good .5-.75 seconds.

The "good" thing is that based on the forcast temps for today, course deterioration will likely be a bit of an issue again, and Julia will have a much better course than the leaders.

Grassi21

I have to tear myself out of my normal Eastern Philosophy to engage with the AZ'ers and the whole this or that thing..

Trying to get my wife to do some reading on Eastern Philosophy. It hasn't radically changed my life but I view the world in a different light than she does.

SKIQUATTRO

and what was the deal when julia said "i got on the snowmobile to bring me back up top, then they stopped and said, sorry, we cant bring you to the top..she replied, you have to"....and they did...what was she supposed to do?? walk back up?

Rambo

Julia Mancuso's website, juliamancuso.com, crashed 2 days ago from too many people trying to log on. They say it will be back working in a day or two. Lindsey Vonn is now seen by many as a "whiner", not a good reputation to get.

Warp Daddy

Look shit happens in real life . All this pseudo- drama is lame. In the larger order none of this means squat . They are both great ski racer s and all this buzz is strictly to hype NBC's less than sterling coverage and market share .

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Look shit happens in real life . All this pseudo- drama is lame. In the larger order none of this means squat . They are both great ski racer s and all this buzz is strictly to hype NBC's less than sterling coverage and market share .

+1
After recovering from a powder coma, I viewed the press reportage of yesterday's race. I wish they would just leave them alone. Just another form of paparazzi looking for material to attract viewers. They totally lost sight of the race. I'm sure today's coverage will be just as precious.

I recommend they turn over coverage of the alpine events to AZ. I think each of us would pitch in $10 no? And we'd sell the primetime spots to Golden Lion in return for Sugarbush tickets. Deal?

Warp Daddy

+1
After recovering from a powder coma, I viewed the press reportage of yesterday's race. I wish they would just leave them alone. Just another form of paparazzi looking for material to attract viewers. They totally lost sight of the race. I'm sure today's coverage will be just as precious.

I recommend they turn over coverage of the alpine events to AZ. I think each of us would pitch in $10 no? And we'd sell the primetime spots to Golden Lion in return for Sugarbush tickets. Deal?

Deal !!! BTW do we get fancy AZ logoed ski jackets and tukes ??? If so, I'm THERE BRO !!!

drjeff

+1

Deal !!! BTW do we get fancy AZ logoed ski jackets and tukes ??? If so, I'm THERE BRO !!!

Yes. And Tasers to immobilize any paparazzi that try to get in. :p

I claim the oh so difficult job of women's team pre-race upper thigh massage therapist! ;) :lol: