• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who is hotter? Lindsey Vonn or Julia Mancuso?

Who is hotter? Lindsey Vonn or Julia Mancuso?

• Lindsey Vonn

Votes: 77 40.5%
  • Julia Mancuso

Votes: 113 59.5%

• Total voters

drjeff

Julia ended up in 8th, 0.55 second behind Viktoria Rebensberg of Germany who took the Gold. Who knows what could of been had the circumstances of yesterday's 1st run allowed Julia to complete her 1st, 1st run :confused:

midd

Julia ended up in 8th, 0.55 second behind Viktoria Rebensberg of Germany who took the Gold. Who knows what could of been had the circumstances of yesterday's 1st run allowed Julia to complete her 1st, 1st run :confused:

she's anywhere 1-9 yesterday instead of 18 and she gets the gold.

I wonder if she's extra pissed today. it would have been a huge FU to Lindsey too.

drjeff

Julia put this up on her FB page today talking about what the media wants to make of her and Lindsey and their relationship. I think she sums things up very well

"I just want to share with everyone a little insight on the story about mine and Lindsey's relationship. Here is a profile where Lindsey says "We're friendly, but not friends" and you know what?? I don't really care, Lindsey doesn't really care.. I know I can speak for us both when I say we are both stoked when there... is an American on the podium, no matter who that is. Of course we both want to win.. but the truth is, everyone else seems to be more concerned about how we get along than we even think about it. We are all out there to ski fast and have fun. So save the drama for your mama!"

My hunch is thta Julia will pick up a few extra votes in this poll after this post ;)

Trekchick

Julia rocked a few years ago and she rocks now.
That does not diminish Lindseys' amazing record nor her talent as a ski racer. Two amazing women, two amazing attitudes.

Trekchick

Look shit happens in real life . All this pseudo- drama is lame. In the larger order none of this means squat . They are both great ski racer s and all this buzz is strictly to hype NBC's less than sterling coverage and market share .

+1
After recovering from a powder coma, I viewed the press reportage of yesterday's race. I wish they would just leave them alone. Just another form of paparazzi looking for material to attract viewers. They totally lost sight of the race. I'm sure today's coverage will be just as precious.

I recommend they turn over coverage of the alpine events to AZ. I think each of us would pitch in $10 no? And we'd sell the primetime spots to Golden Lion in return for Sugarbush tickets. Deal?
Oh good lord, you're gonna have the women change into bikini's for the podium, I can see it now! :eek:

ctenidae

Torah%20Bright.jpg

Kind of have a thing for Torah Bright now.
Otherwise, Lindsey.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
So. This is what the Olympics come down to. An email from NBC announcing a slide show of Julia getting her hair done and makeup before her interview with Costas. Soooo insightful!
:roll:
:puke:

drjeff

So. This is what the Olympics come down to. An email from NBC announcing a slide show of Julia getting her hair done and makeup before her interview with Costas. Soooo insightful!
:puke:

Yup, they're scraping the bottom of the barrel for segments right now with most of the events done, and most of their pre-shot segments used already. Who knows, we might actually get to see more than a half dozen racers in the Men's + Women's Slaloms the next few nights! Nah - probably not :smash:

Rambo

In that 2nd run of the Giant Slalom Julia was on a brand new ski design by Rossignol with more sidecut and she would have won a medal if she didn't get screwed on that first run BS. Also when she got back to the start area after that first run crap via the snowmobile they prolonged her restart position even further because she did not have her "credentials" with her!! They made her wait and wait till her credentials were sent up from the bottom and every second of the wait the course was deteriorating!

610x.jpg

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
In that 2nd run of the Giant Slalom Julia was on a brand new ski design by Rossignol with more sidecut and she would have won a medal if she didn't get screwed on that first run BS. Also when she got back to the start area after that first run crap via the snowmobile they prolonged her restart position even further because she did not have her "credentials" with her!! They made her wait and wait till her credentials were sent up from the bottom and every second of the wait the course was deteriorating!

I heard about that. Don't these staff realize there is an Olympics going on? Do you think they even know what happened? Turn off the cell phone and drive, dammit!

Rambo

I heard about that. Don't these staff realize there is an Olympics going on? Do you think they even know what happened? Turn off the cell phone and drive, dammit!

Perhaps the Officals thought she might be a terrorist and followed the rules to the T and insisted on seeing her credentials... seems like common sense could have prevailed.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Perhaps the Officals thought she might be a terrorist and followed the rules to the T and insisted on seeing her credentials... seems like common sense could have prevailed.
Like the dude on the machine had no credentials? Wouldn't a quick radio call suffice? Cripes, back down to the bottom to fetch creds. I know, I'm Monday morning quarterbacking. It just seems like people lose focus on what the important things are.