• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The 2/23 - 2/26 Storm Discussion Thread

threepedals

Any word on how Jay Peak fared with the rain/snow line. I'm trying to decide if I should use my free voucher at MRG tomorrow, or drive the extra hour or so to Jay.

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
Any word on how Jay Peak fared with the rain/snow line. I'm trying to decide if I should use my free voucher at MRG tomorrow, or drive the extra hour or so to Jay.

Two guys just checked in who skied Jay today. They said the snow was wet and heavy on the bottom, much less wet up top. This is almost identical to what someone who skied MRG told me today.

Greg

Staff member
We picked up 3"+ today. Still snowing. Meanwhile Hunter, New York is completely buried. They're at 5+ feet so far! At the bottom of the mountain road (23A) almost no snow. That's a pretty wide spread over 5 or so miles and probably 1,000 vertical feet.

WJenness

Just drove up to Sunday River.

Odd temp. Variations in MA, then a slow drop of temp with elevation.

Just past the bowling alley on Rt. 26 the rain changed to snow, about 5 miles later it started to stick to the road.

Still snowing pretty good here at Brookside, can't wait to get out tomorrow.

-w

deadheadskier

Staff member
phatty phlakes in Stowe village right now. Started as a mix around a light mix around 9:30, switched to all snow at 10 and coming down harder. about an inch an hour clip currently.

WinnChill

We picked up 3"+ today. Still snowing. Meanwhile Hunter, New York is completely buried. They're at 5+ feet so far! At the bottom of the mountain road (23A) almost no snow. That's a pretty wide spread over 5 or so miles and probably 1,000 vertical feet.

Glad Hunter made out ok for ya! Man, that snow line didn't budge! Congrats!

ERJ-145CA

It looks like we got about 2 1/2 feet at my house. I drove around the corner when I was coming home today and as soon as I saw my house I said "oh my god!" There's a five foot snow pile next to my driveway, it's amazing.

ZYDECORICH

It looks like we got about 2 1/2 feet at my house. I drove around the corner when I was coming home today and as soon as I saw my house I said "oh my god!" There's a five foot snow pile next to my driveway, it's amazing.

Welcome home, same here in West Milford maybe more. front loaders came to clear my street but only got halfway because they started to slide back down. i guess we'll be able to ski for awhile around here.